正文
昂秀英语口语对话想聊就聊第8章:4.1 协商交货日期
昂秀英语对话想聊就聊:让学习英语化繁为简。
4.1 Time of the Delivery 协商交货日期
W: If I remember correctly, time of delivery is another point on wich we differ.
W:如果我没记错,关于发货时间我们还未达成一致。
M: That's right. Let's go into the details.
M:是的,我们具体谈谈吧。
W: Ok. I hope you can have these goods delivered before the end of Sep. We'd like them to be there in time for our Christmas sales.
W:好的,我希望你能在九月底前发货,我们想让这批货及时赶上我们的圣诞大销售。
M: Christmas doesn't come until almost the end of the year, right?
M:圣诞不是年底才到吗,不是吗?
W: But in the United States the Christmas season begins about a month before Dec. 25.
W:但是,在美国圣诞节是12月25日前的一个月左右就开始了。
M: Well. I am afraid it will be difficult for us to advance the time of shipment. Our manufacturers are fully committed at the moment.
M:可是,提前运输对我们来说恐怕会有困难,我们的制造商这个时候都很忙。
W: I hope you'll try to get them to step up production.
W:我希望你可以试着让他们提高产量。
M: As new orders keep pouring in, the workers are working three shifts to step up production.
M:随着新订单的不断增加,工人们已经采用三班倒来提高产量了。
W: If that's the case, there is nothing more to be said.
W:如果是那样,那我也没什么可说的了。
M: I am sorry.
M:抱歉。
W: What's your last word as to the date then?
W:那你们最终会什么时候发货?
M: I said by the middle of Oct. This is the best we can promise.
M:我说十月中旬吧,这是我能承诺的最早时间了。
W: All right. I'll take you at your word.
W:好吧,我接受你给的时间。
M: Good. Let's call it a deal. We will do our best to advance the shipment, but your L/C should be opened early Sep.
M:好,那我们就这样定了。我们会尽力提前安排运输的,但是你的信用证应该在九月初就开立。
W: I promise.
W:我答应你。