和谐英语

您现在的位置是:首页 > 英语口语 > 英语情景对话 > 英语口语张口说

正文

英语口语张口说Unit72:天上不会掉馅饼mp3

2017-02-20来源:和谐英语

潮流英语情景对话张口就来Unit72:天上不会掉馅饼mp3

F:David,do you know Lin Wei?
F:大卫,你认识林伟吗?

M:How could I forget him!He was my best friend in my childhood.  But we haven't seen each other for five years.
M:我怎么能不认识他呢。他可是我儿时最好的朋友。但是我们有五年没有见面了呢。

F:I heard that he hit a stock jackpot last year.
F:我听说他去年炒股发了大财呢。

M:Wow,really?  He was always a lucky dog. Both of us were very naughty,but every time he got excuses to avoid the punishment.
M:真的?他一直以来都很幸运呢。小的时候,我们都很调皮,但是每次他都能够免于被处罚。

F:Knowing his story,I am eager to show my capabilities in the stock market.
F:知道他赚了大钱以后,我急于想到股市里面大显身手啊。

M:Come on. I would not like to be a speculator. You may lose all you have.
M:算了吧,我不想成为投机者。你有可能会失去你的所有。

F:You are right.  There are no pies dropping from the sky.
F:是啊,天上是不会掉馅饼的。


M:So,what we need to do now is just to work harder  than  before.Success does not come easily.
M:所以啊,我们要做的就是比以前更努力地工作。人不是随便就能成功的。

F:Ha-ha. That is the truth.
F:哈哈。这才是真理!

重点词汇

jackpot意外的成功;发外财
If you feel it in your gut that you’ve hit the jackpot, you’re right.如果你觉得它已经像意外得到一大笔钱似的在你心中了, 那你就对了.

lucky dog[俚]幸运儿
He is a lucky dog. 他是个幸运的家伙。

naughty顽皮的;淘气的
Girls, you're being very naughty.姑娘们,你们太调皮了。

avoid免于
The pilots had to take emergency action to avoid a disaster.飞行员们不得不采取紧急措施以避免灾难的发生。

be eager to热切想做,渴望去做
Create an attractive and compelling life that someone would be eager to be a part of.创造出一个让别人急切想要融入的令人感兴趣的、引人注目的生活。