和谐英语

您现在的位置是:首页 > 英语口语 > 俚语俗语短语 > 英语俚语习语对话

正文

英语俚语习语小对话第19期:"机会很小"英语怎么说?(mp3和文本下载)

2017-04-10来源:和谐英语

习语:a chance in a million

讲解:这是一个名词性短语。Chance的意思是“机会”。A chance in a million 意为白万年的一个机会,意为“很小的机会”。

支持范例:She thought that there was a chance in a million that she might be right.
但她仍然认为自己的想法仍有百万分之一的可能性。

We haven’t a chance in a million (is we have almost no chance) of winning.
我们胜利的机会微乎其微。

It was a chance in a million that he should have broken his leg on that day.
真是走狗屎运,他就是在那一天没摔断了他的腿。

英语情景对话:

A: Do you think you'll get the project.
你认为你能得到这项工程吗?

B: It’s a chance in a million. I hear John is interested in it.
机会很小,我听说约翰也对它感兴趣。

A: I see. After all, he's boss's son.
我明白了,毕竟他是老板的儿子。

B: But anyway, I’ll have a try.
但无论如何,我也要尝试一下再说。

英语学习笔记:

1.be interested in 对 ... 感兴趣

Eg. Bob mentioned the class presidency to Ted as a trial balloon to see if Ted might be interested in running.
鲍勃向特德提到班主席职位以试探特德是否热衷于参加其竞选。

Eg. It occurs to me that he might be interested in the problem we had discussed.
我想起来了他也许对我们讨论过的那个问题感兴趣。

Eg. I think you may be interested in our new product.
我想贵公司可能会对敝公司的新产品感兴趣。

I see. 我明白了。

2.after all 毕竟,到底,究竟

Eg. After all, it was the father's place to bring up his son.
不管怎么说,教养儿子的事应该由父亲来做主。

Eg, After all, you could hardly ask for a more challenging job.
不管怎么说,你总不能为他要求一个更加称心如意的职位了吧。

Eg. After all, France-Soir is known for aggressive reporting.
毕竟,《法兰西晚报》以报道耸人听闻的消息著称。

3.have a try 尝试一下,试试看

It seems three good methods, I will have a try.
貌似不错的三种方法,改天我尝试下。

I don't remember having been given a chance to have a try.
我记不起曾经有人给过我一个机会让我尝试一下。