英语俚语习语小对话第80期: "罢手不干"英语怎么说? (mp3和文本下载)
chill out
英语情景对话:
A:What will you do now? Propose to her.
你现在怎么办?向她求婚吗?
B:Of course I won’t chill out. Opportunity knocks only once.
我当然不会罢手的,几乎难得嘛。
A:You should strike while the iron is hot.
你应该趁热打铁。
B:You're right. I will have a talk to her about that.
对,我要去和她谈谈。
1.propose to sb:向某人求婚
Eg. He watched for his chance to propose to her.
他在等待时机向她求婚。
Eg. He was trying to decide whether he should propose to her.
他反覆思量是否该向她求婚.
Eg. Since you've got onto this basis, you can propose to her
既然你们的关系已到这种程度,你可以向她求婚了。
2.chill out:罢手,停止不干
Eg. We will never stop until the experiment succeeds.
试验不成功,我们决不罢手。
Eg. I have always planned to knock off at thirty-five.
我老是打算到三十五岁罢手。
Eg. When things get this fouled-up it's time for us to quit
事情既已弄得这么糟,我们就该罢手了。
Eg. She'd never have stopped tiII she got what she wanted.
因为她不得到自己想要的东西是不会罢手的。
3.strike while the iron is hot:乘热打铁
Eg. If I were you, I'd strike while the iron is hot.
如果我是你,我就会打铁趁热。
Eg. Well, you should strike the iron while it is hot.
你应该乘热打铁。
4.have a talk to sb about sth:和某人谈论某事
Eg. He turned aside to have a talk to someone else about what had happened this afternoon.
他转过脸去同另外一个人谈论今天下午发生的事情。
Eg. I want to have a talk to your manager about an urgent matter.
我想和你们经理谈一件紧急的事。
Eg. I don’t get many chances to have a talk to her recently.
近来我不太有机会与她会话。
Eg. That is exactly what I wanted to have a talk to you about, Susan.
这正是我想要跟你谈的,Susan。
佳句妙言:
Opportunity knocks only once.
千载难逢。
相关文章
- 英语俚语习语小对话第554期: "偷听谈话"英语怎么说? (mp3和文本下载)
- 英语俚语习语小对话第553期: "拿出来"英语怎么说? (mp3和文本下载)
- 英语俚语习语小对话第552期: "不知所云"英语怎么说? (mp3和文本下载)
- 英语俚语习语小对话第551期: "易学课程"英语怎么说? (mp3和文本下载)
- 英语俚语习语小对话第550期: "骗不了的"英语怎么说? (mp3和文本下载)
- 英语俚语习语小对话第549期: "欺骗哄骗"英语怎么说? (mp3和文本下载)
- 英语俚语习语小对话第548期: "极其骄傲"英语怎么说? (mp3和文本下载)
- 英语俚语习语小对话第547期: "鲁莽冲动"英语怎么说? (mp3和文本下载)
- 英语俚语习语小对话第546期: "提心吊胆等待结果"英语怎么说? (mp3和文本下载)
- 英语俚语习语小对话第545期: "探讨协商"英语怎么说? (mp3和文本下载)