和谐英语

您现在的位置是:首页 > 英语口语 > 俚语俗语短语 > 英语俚语习语对话

正文

英语俚语习语小对话第142期: "被抓住,被逮捕"英语怎么说? (mp3和文本下载)

2017-04-24来源:和谐英语

第142期:被逮捕 被抓住

英语情景对话:

A:Jack, let’s go!
杰克,咱们走。

B:Oh, you’er out of breath! What happened?
哦,看你,上气不接下气!出什么事情呢?

A:Some people are wildly shooting on the next street. We must leave here as soon as possible!
隔壁那条街上有枪战,我们必须尽快即开这里。

B:Take it easy. They will get caught.
别紧张,他们会别抓住的。

习语:

get caught

讲解:

catch作为动词有“抓住,逮住,捕获”的意思,该词语用于被动语态中,相当于be caught,意为“被抓住,被逮捕”。

支持范例:

Eg. I went out, merely to get caught in a shower.
我跑出去,结果徒然碰到一场骤雨。

Eg. You'll be for the high jump if you get caught cheating.
如果你作弊被抓到,你将一定会受到严厉的惩罚。

Eg. If you get caught, we will never have a chance to be together.
如果你被抓到,我们将永远没有机会在一起了。

Eg. What if I get caught in a traffic jam or something else happens and I'm going to be very late.
如果我遇上交通堵塞或发生了什么别的事情而不得不迟到很长时间怎么办?

英语学习笔记:

out of breath:喘不过起来,上气不接下气

Eg. I'm out of breath after running up the stairs.
奔上楼梯我气喘吁吁。

Eg. He spoke so fast that he was out of breath.
他说得那么快, 都倒不过气来了。

Eg. .They were too much out of breath for a while to say anything, or to do anything else.
他们弄得气喘吁吁好一阵子说不出话,做不动事。

Eg. He swam across such a broad river out of breath.
他游过了那条很宽的河,上气不接下气。