实战口语情景对话 第740期:Alaska 阿拉斯加州
Todd: So, Asako, you lived in the United States for a long time.
托德:麻子,你在美国生活了很长时间。
Asako: For six years.
麻子:我在美国生活了六年。
Todd: That's a pretty long time.
托德:那真是很长一段时间了。
Asako: That's right.
麻子:没错。
Todd: Where did you live?
托德:你住在哪里?
Asako: I lived in Alaska.
麻子:我住在阿拉斯加州。
Todd: Alaska.
托德:阿拉斯加州。
Asako: That's right.
麻子:对。
Todd: The last frontier.
托德:最后的处女地。
Asako: I'm an unusual one.
麻子:我是与众不同的人。
Todd: So, yeah, cause usually when people go and live in America for a long time, they don't choose Alaska.
托德:对,一般人们在美国生活很长时间的话,不会选择阿拉斯加州。
Asako: Yeah, that's right, but Alaska is such a beautiful state.
麻子:对,没错,不过阿拉斯加州是一个非常美丽的州。
Todd: Why did you choose Alaska?
托德:你为什么选择在阿拉斯加州生活?
Asako: Well, I went to university there. There was a university. I wanted to go. That is the reason.
麻子:我在阿拉斯加上的大学。那里有一座我想念的大学。这就是原因。
Todd: And then you stayed for six years.
托德:然后你就在那里生活了六年的时间。
Asako: I fell in love.
麻子:我爱上那里了。
Todd: Wow!
托德:哇!
Asako: Just beautiful. That's it. Just beautiful.
麻子:阿拉斯加州太漂亮了。真的非常漂亮。
Todd: So what do you remember most about Alaska?
托德:你对阿拉斯加州印象最深的是什么?
Asako: Wilderness. Mountains. Glaciers. Mosquitos.
麻子:旷野、高山、冰川,还有蚊子。
Todd: Mosquitos?
托德:蚊子?
Asako: Mosquitos. Big ones. Really big. You can't see such a big mosquito anywhere else on this island, not on any other place, but huge mosquitos. Some people say mosquitos are actually the state birds of Alaska.
麻子:蚊子。阿拉斯加的蚊子个头很大,非常大。你在其他地方都看不到这么大个的蚊子。甚至有人说蚊子是阿拉斯加州的州鸟。
Todd: The state bird. Really. So obviously there's lots of beautiful things and the mosquitos, but what else? Like what was the city like? I mean, was it a big city or a small city?
托德:州鸟。是吗?显然阿拉斯加有很多美丽的景物还有大蚊子,其他还有什么吗?那里的城市怎么样?是大城市还是小城市?
Asako: Well, the biggest city is called Anchorage, and... but it's not really big-big. In the middle... the biggest street in Anchorage you can see moose.
麻子:阿拉斯加州最大的城市是安克雷奇,但安克雷奇并不是大型城市。你可以在安克雷奇最大的街道上看到驼鹿。
Todd: You can see moose?
托德:可以看到驼鹿?
Asako: Yeah.
麻子:对。
Todd: Just walking around.
托德:驼鹿会在街上走来走去。
Asako: Walking around. Exactly.
麻子:对,在街上走来走去。
Todd: In the city there's moose?
托德:在城市里有驼鹿?
Asako: Yes. Exactly.
麻子:对,没错。
Todd: Now can you go up and pet them like....
托德:那可以走到它们旁边,像对待宠物那样抚摸它们吗?
Asako: No, never. Never. They are wild things. You can't pet them, but, I mean, they are very, very calm and nice animals but if you meet a mother moose and if there are children, her children are around, they can be really mean. So you don't really pet them. You can look at them and admire them, but that's it. Beautiful things.
麻子:不,不可以,不行。驼鹿是野生动物。不能像对待宠物那样抚摸它们,虽然驼鹿是安静、温和的动物,但是母驼鹿和它的孩子在一起时会变得易怒。所以不能像宠物那样抚摸它们。你可以看着它们,赞美它们,但不能摸它们。它们是美丽的动物。
Todd: Well, that's good to know.
托德:嗯,我很高兴了解这点。
相关文章
- 实战口语情景对话 第1374期:Overcoming Fear 克服恐惧(2)
- 实战口语情景对话 第1373期:Overcoming Fear 克服恐惧(1)
- 实战口语情景对话 第1340期:Burgers and Baseball 汉堡和棒球(1)
- 实战口语情景对话 第1382期:Would you buy a computer secondhand? 你会买二手电脑吗?
- 实战口语情景对话 第1381期:Do you read food labels? 你看食品标签吗?
- 实战口语情景对话 第1380期:Breaking Bad Habits 改掉坏习惯(2)
- 实战口语情景对话 第1379期:Breaking Bad Habits 改掉坏习惯(1)
- 实战口语情景对话 第1378期:Health Idioms 健康习语(2)
- 实战口语情景对话 第1377期:Health Idioms 健康习语(1)
- 实战口语情景对话 第1376期:Talent Wish 希望拥有的才能(2)