实战口语情景对话 第821期:Next Step 下一步计划
George: Where are you working these days?
乔治:你最近在哪里工作?
Crystal: I'm working at the restaurant around the station.
克里斯托尔:我现在在地铁站附近的一家餐厅工作。
George: What's it like working in a restaurant?
乔治:在餐厅工作怎么样?
Crystal: Well, it's ... busy times are busy, but boring sometimes. It's just usual work: washing dishes, serving and then that it's pretty much. Not a big deal job. I really like it, but at the same time I'm looking for more. I think I should look for a desk job or something.
克里斯托尔:忙的时候非常忙,不过也有无聊的时候。我做的就是普通的工作:洗碗,上菜,基本上就是这种工作。不是什么重要的工作。我很喜欢这份工作,不过我也在找其他的工作机会。我想我应该找办公室工作。
George: Oh, a desk job!
乔治:哦,办公室工作!
Crystal: What about you?
克里斯托尔:你呢?
George: I don't know. Maybe I could work at a ... maybe a clothing store.
乔治:我也不清楚。我可能会在服装店工作。
Crystal: Oh, really!
克里斯托尔:哦,真的吗?
George: I do enjoy fashion, and I need to update my wardrobe, so a little discount would be nice.
乔治:我非常喜欢时尚,而且我要升级我的衣橱,所以要是有折扣就好了。
Crystal: I hear that there's a opening at Bloomingdale's.
克里斯托尔:我听说布鲁明戴尔百货店有空缺。
George: Oh, awesome!
乔治:哦,太棒了!
Crystal: You should give it a try.
克里斯托尔:你应该试试。
George: Maybe. But then again I'm not a very ... I'm not really a people person, though.
乔治:也许吧。不过我并不是一个擅长交际的人。
Crystal: A people person! What do you mean?
克里斯托尔:擅长交际!你是什么意思?
George: I can't just go up to new people and start talking to them. It's a little difficult for me.
乔治:我不太会去和陌生人说话。这对我来说有点儿难。
Crystal: Well, on my point of view, I think that's a little ... sometimes I think that's sort of a little annoying. One time like this lady at the market, she just started talking me, "Oh, this looks good on you!" OK, I don't need that. You know.
克里斯托尔:在我看来,我认为这有些……这种做法有些烦人。有一次在市场,一个女售货员过来跟我说,“哦,你穿这个很漂亮!”我并不需要这种奉承。
George: Yes, they use some very strong mind tricks to get you to buy things.
乔治:对,他们会用很强的心理把戏让你买东西。
Crystal: Yeah. Well, you're good with mind tricks aren't you?
克里斯托尔:对。你很擅长心理把戏,不是吗?
George: I'm good at being played by mind tricks, but now good at doing mind tricks.
乔治:我擅长被别人的心理把戏迷惑,但是不擅长对别人用心理把戏。
Crystal: Aye! Well, I guess you still have nine months left.
克里斯托尔:啊!我想你还有九个月的时间。
George: Yeah.
乔治:对。
相关文章
- 实战口语情景对话 第1374期:Overcoming Fear 克服恐惧(2)
- 实战口语情景对话 第1373期:Overcoming Fear 克服恐惧(1)
- 实战口语情景对话 第1340期:Burgers and Baseball 汉堡和棒球(1)
- 实战口语情景对话 第1382期:Would you buy a computer secondhand? 你会买二手电脑吗?
- 实战口语情景对话 第1381期:Do you read food labels? 你看食品标签吗?
- 实战口语情景对话 第1380期:Breaking Bad Habits 改掉坏习惯(2)
- 实战口语情景对话 第1379期:Breaking Bad Habits 改掉坏习惯(1)
- 实战口语情景对话 第1378期:Health Idioms 健康习语(2)
- 实战口语情景对话 第1377期:Health Idioms 健康习语(1)
- 实战口语情景对话 第1376期:Talent Wish 希望拥有的才能(2)