实战口语情景对话 第820期:Grad Plans 毕业计划
George: Hey, hey, hey!
乔治:嘿,嘿,嘿!
Crystal: Hey, hey, hey! How's it going?
克里斯托尔:嘿,嘿,嘿!最近过得怎么样?
George: Bad!
乔治:不好!
Crystal: Why? What's up?
克里斯托尔:为什么?怎么了?
George: I'm a little low on cash these days?
乔治:我这些天手头有点儿紧。
Crystal: Really? What about getting a new job?
克里斯托尔:是吗?找份新工作呢?
George: Well, Where? What's open?
乔治:嗯,哪儿有?哪里有工作机会?
Crystal: Well, I don't know. You're graduating soon, right?
克里斯托尔:嗯,我也不知道。你马上就毕业了,是吧?
George: Well, there's still a good half-year before that?
乔治:还有大半年吧。
Crystal: Yeah, well, yeah, those half-years, you should spend it wisely. This is the best chance to get a job.
克里斯托尔:这半年时间,你应该明智地花钱。这是找工作的最好机会。
George: What do you mean?
乔治:你是什么意思?
Crystal: Well, I don't know, like, I think this is your last chance to get a job before you graduate. Or what do you plan on after graduating? Just hanging around? Playing games?
克里斯托尔:我也说不清楚,我认为这是你在毕业前找工作的最后机会。你毕业后有什么计划吗?就四处闲逛?玩游戏?
George: I don't know. I have no idea what to do after graduation. Do you have any plans?
乔治:我不知道。我还没想好毕业后干什么。你有计划吗?
Crystal: Well, for me ... well, since the economy is going bad, like there is no opening at the moment, but I was thinking if I could be able to like find an internship in a different country or maybe I could keep doing my part-time job at the moment just until things start getting better. Well, I guess you still have nine months left.
克里斯托尔:我……现在经济环境不太好,目前没有工作空缺,不过我在想,在经济环境变好之前,我能在其他国家找到实习机会,或者我能继续做现在的兼职。我想你还有九个月的时间。
George: Yeah. It's a little depressing though thinking about graduation. Being thrown out into the real world.乔治:对,不过一想到毕业就令人沮丧。要进入现实世界了。
Crystal: All my friends who graduated, they're already regretting. They want to go back to school.
克里斯托尔:我所有已经毕业的朋友,现在都开始后悔了。他们想回到学校。
George: Oh, boy!
乔治:哦,天哪!
Crystal: Speaking of which, how about we go to grad school?
克里斯托尔:说到这个,我们念研究院怎么样?
George: No!
乔治:不行!
Crystal: Why not?
克里斯托尔:为什么不行?
George: Grad School!
乔治:研究院!
Crystal: Why not?
克里斯托尔:为什么不行?
George: I don't know if I could deal with another four years of school.
乔治:我不确定我是否能再过四年学校生活。
Crystal: It's not four years. It's only two years, and plus, like, I mean, if you're gonna regret so much like getting a job, like, and plus the economy is really bad for a job right now, I think it's best to lay low and just, you know maybe study a little bit more till the economy gets better and then get a job then.
克里斯托尔:不是四年。研究生只上两年,另外,如果你会后悔工作,而且现在的经济环境很难找工作,我认为最好的方法是缓一缓,继续学习,等经济环境好些以后再找工作。
George: Well, if I could get some sort of full scholarship, perhaps I would be more inclined to do it, but ...
乔治:如果我能拿到全额奖学金,我可能会想继续学习,可是……
Crystal: Yeah, yeah. It's not bad.
克里斯托尔:对,对,还不错。
George: I don't think I could get a scholarship with my horrible G.P.A.?
乔治:可是我的平均成绩太差了,我想我拿不到奖学金。
Crystal: Same here!
克里斯托尔:我也是!
George: Hmm! Grad school!
乔治:嗯!研究院!
相关文章
- 实战口语情景对话 第1374期:Overcoming Fear 克服恐惧(2)
- 实战口语情景对话 第1373期:Overcoming Fear 克服恐惧(1)
- 实战口语情景对话 第1340期:Burgers and Baseball 汉堡和棒球(1)
- 实战口语情景对话 第1382期:Would you buy a computer secondhand? 你会买二手电脑吗?
- 实战口语情景对话 第1381期:Do you read food labels? 你看食品标签吗?
- 实战口语情景对话 第1380期:Breaking Bad Habits 改掉坏习惯(2)
- 实战口语情景对话 第1379期:Breaking Bad Habits 改掉坏习惯(1)
- 实战口语情景对话 第1378期:Health Idioms 健康习语(2)
- 实战口语情景对话 第1377期:Health Idioms 健康习语(1)
- 实战口语情景对话 第1376期:Talent Wish 希望拥有的才能(2)