实战口语情景对话 第869期:Ginger's Place 金格的家
Nabeel: So, Ginger, I hear you have a new apartment.
纳比尔:金格,我听说你找到了新公寓。
Ginger: Yes, it's great. I just moved in last week.
金格:对,非常棒。我上周刚搬进去。
Nabeel: Nice. Where is it?
纳比尔:好。你的公寓在哪里?
Ginger: It's near Victory Monument. Do you know where that is?
金格:在曼谷胜利纪念碑附近。你知道胜利纪念碑在哪儿吗?
Nabeel: Yeah, I do. How do you get to work from there?
纳比尔:我知道。那你现在怎么去上班?
Ginger: Well, I take the Sky Train.
金格:坐天空列车。
Nabeel: Oh, that's really convenient.
纳比尔:哦,那非常方便。
Ginger: It is. It is. It's just a five minute walk.
金格:对,很方便。只需要步行5分钟。
Nabeel: Ok. And what's the neighborhood like?
纳比尔:好。周围环境怎么样?
Ginger: It's a crowded neighborhood. There are a lot of people. Lots of cars. Just lots of energy in general.
金格:那个地区人口密集度很高。有很多人,很多车。总的来说是个非常有活力的地区。
Nabeel: And is it conveniently located?
纳比尔:地理位置便利吗?
Ginger: It's very convenient. It's about a five minute walk to the Sky Train station.
金格:非常便利。到天空列车站只需要步行5分钟。
Nabeel: Why did you decide to move?
纳比尔:你为什么决定搬家?
Ginger: Well, it's near a park, and I love living near a park and it's also just a five minute walk to my gym.
金格:新公寓附近有个公园,我非常喜欢住在公园旁边,而且从那里去健身房也只需要步行5分钟。
Nabeel: And have you made any new friends in that neighborhood?
纳比尔:你在那里结交新朋友了吗?
Ginger: I have. I've met a couple of new people in my apartment building, and I've gotten to know a person who owns a restaurant across the street. There's some great restaurants on the street also.
金格:有。我在公寓楼里认识了几个新朋友,我还认识街对面一家餐厅的老板。那条街上有几家很棒的餐厅。
Nabeel: Oh, what kind of restaurants?
纳比尔:哦,哪种餐馆?
Ginger: Well, most Thai restaurants. A lot of Thai people live in the area, but there's also a Western restaurant and a Japanese.
金格:基本上都是泰式餐馆。很多泰国人住在那个地区,那里还有一家西式餐厅和一家日式餐厅。
Nabeel: And is it a safe neighborhood?
纳比尔:那个社区安全吗?
Ginger: I feel very safe there. I've heard that there's some thefts on some of the quiet streets where the motorbikes will snatch your bag off your shoulder, but I've never actually seen it myself, and I feel very safe sleeping there.
金格:我感觉那里非常安全。我听说有些安静的街道发生过抢劫案,会有人骑着摩托车抢走你肩上背的包,不过我还没看到过,所以我觉得住在那里很安全。
Nabeel: What about traffic?
纳比尔:交通情况呢?
Ginger: There is a lot of traffic.
金格:交通非常繁忙。
Nabeel: Oh, no!
纳比尔:哦,不!
Ginger: Yes. the traffic ... and a lot of street traffic too. Lots of people walking on the streets, so it can be tough to get around. But there's still a lot of excitement in the area so it's fun to be out and people watch.
金格:对,街上来往车辆非常多。街上也有很多行人,所以在附近走动很困难。不过那里有很多令人激动的事情,而且在外面观看人潮也很有意思。
Nabeel: It doesn't sound like a quiet neighborhood.
纳比尔:听起来并不是个安静的社区。
Ginger: No, it's not quiet at all. Unless you go into the park, and then it's very quiet.
金格:一点儿也不安静。除非你去公园,公园里非常安静。
Nabeel: How often do you go to the park?
纳比尔:你多久去一次公园?
Ginger: Almost every night. Every night after work I'll take a walk in the park and there's a pond with a water display with music, so it can be very soothing.
金格:我几乎每天晚上都去。每天晚上下班后我都会去公园里散步,公园里有个池塘,那里会放音乐,让人感觉很舒服。
相关文章
- 实战口语情景对话 第1374期:Overcoming Fear 克服恐惧(2)
- 实战口语情景对话 第1373期:Overcoming Fear 克服恐惧(1)
- 实战口语情景对话 第1340期:Burgers and Baseball 汉堡和棒球(1)
- 实战口语情景对话 第1382期:Would you buy a computer secondhand? 你会买二手电脑吗?
- 实战口语情景对话 第1381期:Do you read food labels? 你看食品标签吗?
- 实战口语情景对话 第1380期:Breaking Bad Habits 改掉坏习惯(2)
- 实战口语情景对话 第1379期:Breaking Bad Habits 改掉坏习惯(1)
- 实战口语情景对话 第1378期:Health Idioms 健康习语(2)
- 实战口语情景对话 第1377期:Health Idioms 健康习语(1)
- 实战口语情景对话 第1376期:Talent Wish 希望拥有的才能(2)