实战口语情景对话 第870期:Nabeel's Place 纳比尔的家
Ginger: So, what about you? You're still in the same place right?
金格:你呢?你还住在原来那个地方吗?
Nabeel: Yeah, I'm still there.
纳比尔:对,我还住在那里。
Ginger: Good. How's it going?
金格:好。你的房子怎么样?
Nabeel: Oh, it's great. I'm actually quite satisfied with it now.
纳比尔:哦,非常好。我非常满意。
Ginger: Oh, good because I though you wanted to move at one point.
金格:这很好,我曾经以为你想搬家呢。
Nabeel: Yeah, I thought about it for awhile but then I decided to stay there. There's a lot of good points there. It's a quiet neighborhood. It's not too far from the train, so I can get to work easily. For awhile I thought it might be a little too expensive, just slightly above my budget, but I've gotten used to it, and my cats love it. They're really comfortable there, so I think I'm going to stay.
纳比尔:对,我是有考虑过一段时间,不过后来我决定还是继续住在那里。住在那里有很多好处。那是个安静的社区。离火车站很近,上班很方便。有一段时间我认为房租太贵了,有点超出我的预算,不过我已经习惯住在那里了,我的猫也喜欢那个房子。它们在那里生活得很舒适,所以我决定继续住下去。
Ginger: Oh, great. I love your cats. Do they have a lot of room to roam around?
金格:哦,很好。我喜欢你的猫。你的房子里房间多吗,足够让它们四处玩耍吗?
Nabeel: They have enough room. Of course, they're better off in the house. I was living there last year but they've adapted pretty well, so there's a roof there. I can take them up and roam around. There's plenty of places for them to hide.
纳比尔:有足够的房间。当然,它们在房子里过得很好。我去年刚搬到那里去,不过它们已经非常适应了,那座大楼有个天台。我可以带它们上去玩。它们有很多可以躲起来的地方。
Ginger: Now, what about your neighbors. Are you still living near Matt and Laura.
金格:你的邻居呢?你还住在马特和劳拉附近吗?
Nabeel: Matt and Laura.
纳比尔:对,马特和劳拉。
Ginger: Right, right.
金格:好,很好。
Nabeel: Actually, it's really funny. They'd been there for about four months, and last weekend they invited some people over, about five or six of their colleagues. They had a little party. They played poker, had lots of booze around, but unfortunately, the neighbors complained to the landlord, and the landlords were just really angry.
纳比尔:其实这很有意思。他们大约在那里生活了四个月,上周末他们邀请了一些朋友去他们家,他们邀请了五六个同事。办了个小型派对。他们在派对上玩扑克牌,还喝了很多酒,不幸的是,邻居向房主投诉他们,房主非常生气。
Ginger: Oh, no.
金格:不是吧。
Nabeel: And sent them this really harsh e-mail and said they wanted them out by the end of the week, so yeah, Matt and Laura have been kicked out of the building.
纳比尔:房主给他们发了一封措辞严厉的电邮,让他们在这周末之前搬走,所以马特和劳拉被赶出了那座大楼。
Ginger: You are kidding.
金格:你开玩笑的吧。
Nabeel: No.
纳比尔:没有。
Ginger: Wow, and just five people over.
金格:哇哦,只有五个人过去玩就弄成这样。
Nabeel: Yeah, it was like five or six people and apparently it was loud enough. I think it is because the neighborhood is kind of family-oriented, so people aren't used to people having parties.
纳比尔:对,只有五六个人,显然那已经非常吵了。我认为是因为那个社区基本都是以家庭为重的人,所以人们不习惯有人开派对。
Ginger: Mm, right. Maybe the voices carry a lot.
金格:嗯,也许是声音太大了。
Nabeel: Yeah, there's a lot of echo in the building actually for some reason.
纳比尔:对,不知道是什么原因,大楼里回声非常大。
Ginger: Well, that's too bad for them. Where did they move?
金格:那对他们来说太糟糕了。那他们搬去哪里了?
Nabeel: They just moved down the street to another apartment building. It's smaller so I don't think they're happy about it. Oh, well.
纳比尔:他们搬到那条街上另一栋公寓大楼去了。他们搬到那条街上另一栋公寓大楼去了。那里要小一些,所以我认为他们并不开心。嗯。
Ginger: Well, tell them I said 'Hey' when you see them.
金格:你看到他们时转告他们我的问候。
Nabeel: I will.
纳比尔:我会的
相关文章
- 实战口语情景对话 第1374期:Overcoming Fear 克服恐惧(2)
- 实战口语情景对话 第1373期:Overcoming Fear 克服恐惧(1)
- 实战口语情景对话 第1340期:Burgers and Baseball 汉堡和棒球(1)
- 实战口语情景对话 第1382期:Would you buy a computer secondhand? 你会买二手电脑吗?
- 实战口语情景对话 第1381期:Do you read food labels? 你看食品标签吗?
- 实战口语情景对话 第1380期:Breaking Bad Habits 改掉坏习惯(2)
- 实战口语情景对话 第1379期:Breaking Bad Habits 改掉坏习惯(1)
- 实战口语情景对话 第1378期:Health Idioms 健康习语(2)
- 实战口语情景对话 第1377期:Health Idioms 健康习语(1)
- 实战口语情景对话 第1376期:Talent Wish 希望拥有的才能(2)