实战口语情景对话 第871期:Eggplant Curry 茄子咖喱
Ginger: So, Nabeel, I really liked that eggplant curry you made the other night. What's in that?
金格:纳比尔,我非常喜欢那天晚上你做的茄子咖喱。里面都放了什么?
Nabeel: Oh, you did. Okay. It's actually really easy. There's eggplant, and you need some potatoes, some tomatoes, and onions. And a few spices.
纳比尔:哦,你喜欢吗?其实做法非常简单。需要茄子、土豆、蕃茄和洋葱。还有一些调味料。
Ginger: Okay, what spices?
金格:好,需要哪些调味料?
Nabeel: Well, I use about half a teaspoon of tamery powder, and a teaspoon of coriander powder, red chili and cumin.
纳比尔:我加了半茶匙的tamery粉,一茶匙的芫荽粉,红辣椒和孜然。
Ginger: Are those easy to find at any grocery store?
金格:这些调味料在普通的食杂店能买到吗?
Nabeel: You can find them at most grocery stores nowadays. If you can't find them at the major ones, you might want to look for an international food store and all of those carry the Indian spices.
纳比尔:现在在大多数食杂店都能买到。如果在大食杂店买不到,你可以去国际食品店买,里面有卖印度调味料。
Ginger: I have a really small kitchen. What kind of equipment do you need to make it?
金格:我的厨房非常小。你做茄子咖喱需要什么厨具?
Nabeel: Oh, nothing at all. You just need a stove, and you need a sauce pan.
纳比尔:哦,那没关系。你只需要一个电炉和一个沙司锅。
Ginger: Okay, I can handle that. So how do I make it?
金格:好,这个我有。那要怎么做呢?
Nabeel: Well, first of all, you heat some oil in the sauce pan, and when the oil is hot enough, then you add the chopped onions, and a tablespoon of garlic paste, and a table spoon of ginger paste, and you let those cook for a few minutes, until the onions are turned brown, and then after that you, you add the tomatoes, and let those cook for a bit until the tomatoes have gone soft, and then you add all the spices: the tamery, the red chili, the coriander, the cumin and the salt of course. And just mix it up well at that point and add some water. The water prevents the spices from burning. After that, add the potatoes and then add the eggplant, and then pour in about a glass of water and just make sure the tomatoes and the eggplant are covered, and then you turn it to low heat and put the lid on and let it cook for about fifteen minutes.
纳比尔:首先,在沙司锅里把油烧热,在油热了以后,放入切好的洋葱、一汤匙蒜泥、一汤匙姜汁,翻炒几分钟,在洋葱炒成棕黄色以后,加入蕃茄,再翻炒一下,把蕃茄炒软之后加入所有调味料:tamery粉、红辣椒、芫荽粉和孜然,再放些盐。然后翻炒,加入一些水。水会防止调味料燃烧。之后,加入土豆和茄子,再放一杯水,确保水覆盖住蕃茄和茄子,然后调至低火,盖上锅盖,焖15分钟左右。Ginger: Okay, I'm not much of a cook but I think I can do that. I'll give it a try.金格:好,我不太擅长做饭,不过我想这道菜我可以做。我会试试的。
Nabeel: Well, good luck.
纳比尔:好,祝你好运。
Ginger: Thanks. Maybe I'll have you over and let you try it.
金格:谢谢。也许我会邀请你过来品尝一下。
Nabeel: Yeah, I'd love that.
纳比尔:好,我很乐意。
Ginger: All right.
金格:好。
相关文章
- 实战口语情景对话 第1374期:Overcoming Fear 克服恐惧(2)
- 实战口语情景对话 第1373期:Overcoming Fear 克服恐惧(1)
- 实战口语情景对话 第1340期:Burgers and Baseball 汉堡和棒球(1)
- 实战口语情景对话 第1382期:Would you buy a computer secondhand? 你会买二手电脑吗?
- 实战口语情景对话 第1381期:Do you read food labels? 你看食品标签吗?
- 实战口语情景对话 第1380期:Breaking Bad Habits 改掉坏习惯(2)
- 实战口语情景对话 第1379期:Breaking Bad Habits 改掉坏习惯(1)
- 实战口语情景对话 第1378期:Health Idioms 健康习语(2)
- 实战口语情景对话 第1377期:Health Idioms 健康习语(1)
- 实战口语情景对话 第1376期:Talent Wish 希望拥有的才能(2)