和谐英语

您现在的位置是:首页 > 英语口语 > 实战口语情景对话

正文

实战口语情景对话 第984期:Belgium Education 比利时教育

2017-09-30来源:和谐英语

Ade: Hey Chris, I have a doubt. How old are you?
阿德琳娜:克里斯,我有个疑问。你今年多大了?

Chris: Well I actually just turned 31.
克里斯:我刚满31岁。

Ade: Oh, so then means that it was a long time you left school?
阿德琳娜:哦,所以你离开校园已经很长时间了?

Chris: School, well it looks like ages. It's been ages, but yes, it is a long time ago actually.
克里斯:学校,应该很久了。我离开学校很久了,上学还是很长时间以前的事情。

Ade: So you can give us some information about the education system in Belgium? Did you like it in that time or do you think it's improved in some way nowadays?
阿德琳娜:你能给我们介绍一下比利时的教育体系吗?你上学时喜欢那种教育制度吗?你认为现在有改进吗?

Chris: Did I like it in that time? Well, I think nobody likes school or likes going to school. There were some nice parts on it, but generally nobody likes waking up at 6:30 to get ready and go to the school. But if you ask me if it's a good system, well yes, I think Belgium has a really good system. I think like the same in every country, when you're two and a half, when you turn two and a half you go to kindergarten till when you're six then you do some basic school, do some basic formation from six to twelve and then you start deciding which direction you want to go. You want to do languages. You want to study wood or metal, I say crafts. But yeah, that starts from twelve years on. So in my case I went to modern school, studied Latin and then you do for two years till you're fourteen. It's also like a formation. And then once you turn fifteen you really start going the direction you want actually.
克里斯:我当时喜不喜欢那种制度?我想没有人喜欢学校,或者说没有人喜欢上学。上学也有好的一面,不过没人喜欢早上6点半起床然后准备去上学这件事。如果你问我比利时的教育体系好不好的话,我会回答你很好,我认为比利时拥有非常不错的教育制度。和其他国家一样,孩子满两岁半就可以上幼儿园,然后6岁以后,从6岁到12岁接受基础教育,之后就要开始决定人生的方向。比如你是想学习语言,还是学习木材或金属的知识,这里我指的是技能。从12岁要开始想这些事情。我上的是现代学校,学习拉丁语,学制是两年,学完之后是14岁。这是一种过程。满15岁以后,你就真正开始向你希望的方向前进了。

Ade: And what do you do?
阿德琳娜:你是怎么做的?

Chris: Me, I ... till I was sixteen I studied Latin and mathematics — maths. I don't know, at school I was always quite good in school so I thought, let's go just go as high as possible. And I did that till I was sixteen and then after four years of that and I thought it's really language that is going to serve me a lot. It's good for remembering, it's a lot of memory focused is Latin. So I thought I'll have more profit when I just go studying math. So I studied math and physics for these last two years till I was eighteen and graduated.
克里斯:我……拉丁语和数学我一直学到16岁。我认为我在学校的表现非常不错,可以说我尽可能取得最优异的表现。我一直学到16岁,我学了4年以后发现语言真的对我很有帮助。学习语言有利于记忆,学习拉丁语能使记忆集中。所以我认为学习数学会带来更多好处。所以我在最后两年学习了数学和物理,直到我18岁毕业。

Ade: Oh, wow! Nobody likes maths.
阿德琳娜:哇哦!没有人喜欢数学。

Chris: I did, yeah, I mean some people like to study other things. For me, math was quite easy, I mean it was just they give you a rule, you just apply that rule and you get the result. Therefore, well Belgium has this really good system, I've read lately in magazine that regarding languages, we're in the top five in Europe with the education system, and regarding math we're number one. So I do guess Belgium has this good system. I mean when you graduate high school in Belgium you're well prepared for a job or other universities. I mean exams are really strict and they won't do you any favour, if you flunk you flunk.
克里斯:我喜欢,有些人喜欢学习其他的科目。对我来说,数学非常容易,基本上就是有一个规则,然后你运用这个规则得出结果。所以我认为比利有非常不错的教育体系,我最近在杂志上看到,在语言方面我们国家的教育制度排在欧洲前五,而数学方面排在第一。所以我认为比利时的教育制度真的很好。在比利时,高中毕业以后你就已经为工作或上大学做好了充分的准备。考试非常严格,如果你不及格,那就没有任何用。

Ade: Okay, but that means that you now work on maths?
阿德琳娜:好,那你现在在数学领域工作吗?

Chris: I think everybody has to do in his life with math and it's just good to have it. I do not work with it, I now more went into languages because it was given good to me. But this you don't know when you're young, you study in your own country, you're in Belgium and you just study your language and one extra language. But then all of a sudden in the outside world I realized that I was good with languages as well. But still math, I'm dealing with that every day.
克里斯:我认为每个人在生活中都会接触到数学,所以学习数学很有用。不过我不在数学领域工作,我现在在做和语言有关的工作,因为语言对我有很大帮助。不过你在年轻的时候并不了解这一点,你只是在自己的国家学习,在比利时学习学习本国语言和一门外语。但是之后,突然我发现在外面的世界,我也很擅长语言。当然我现在每天都会和数学打交道。

Ade: Okay. Thank you very much.
阿德琳娜:好,非常谢谢你。

Chris: You're welcome.
克里斯:不客气。