和谐英语

您现在的位置是:首页 > 英语口语 > 实战口语情景对话

正文

实战口语情景对话 第1138期:Going Paleo 旧石器时代饮食

2018-02-02来源:和谐英语

Sarah: So John, I heard you've been trying out a new diet. Can you tell me about it?
萨拉:约翰,我听说你在尝试一种新的饮食方法。你能介绍一下吗?

John: Yes. I've been trying the paleo diet.
约翰:好。我在尝试旧石器时代饮食法。

Sarah: What's that?
萨拉:那是什么?

John: Well, this diet is supposed to make you feel better and eat healthier. And the idea is that a lot of the problems we have with health, a lot of modern human health problems, come from the foods we eat. So the idea is that maybe we should eat a diet which is closer to what early humans ate before.
约翰:这种饮食方法让你感觉很舒服,吃得更健康。其理念是,很多健康问题,尤其是现代人类健康问题都是由我们所吃的食物引发的。所以,也许我们应该采用更接近于早期人类的饮食方法。

Sarah: Early humans ate? Like what did they eat?
萨拉:早期人类吃的食物?他们都吃什么?

John: Well, they mostly ate fruits, and berries, and nuts, and meat. They didn't eat grains because grains come from agriculture, from growing plants on purpose.
约翰:基本上他们吃水果、浆果、干果和肉。他们不吃谷物,因为谷物是农业的产物,是有计划地种植的产物。

Sarah: Uh-hmm.
萨拉:嗯。

John: And they didn't eat bread and cake and cookies and crackers.
约翰:他们不吃面包、蛋糕、饼干和薄脆饼干。

Sarah: It sounds like a hard diet to keep.
萨拉:听起来这是很难坚持的饮食方式。

John: It's a little difficult at first. What you have to realize is that these foods are refined foods. Refined foods are not really natural foods because humans have to do a lot of cooking processes to make these foods.
约翰:一开始的确有些难。你要意识到,这些食物是精制食物。精制食物并不是天然食品,因为人类要经过很多烹饪加工程序,才能制成这类食物。

Sarah: Uh-hmm.
萨拉:嗯。

John: When you want to eat natural, you should eat food just the way it comes like raw vegetables and fresh fruit and meat that isn't processed. So you can't eat hotdogs.
约翰:在你想吃天然食物时,你应该吃那些生蔬菜、新鲜水果和未加工的肉类。所以不能吃热狗。

Sarah: Okay.
萨拉:好。

John: And sausage.
约翰:香肠也不能吃。

Sarah: Okay.
萨拉:好。

John: But you can have steak...
约翰:不过你可以吃牛排……

Sarah: It sounds...
萨拉:这听上去……

John: And fish.
约翰:还有鱼。

Sarah: It sounds like an expensive diet
.萨拉:听起来像是很贵的饮食方法。

John: Well actually, it turns out that when you eat fresh vegetables and fresh fruits, it can be cheaper. Processed food, refined food, comes in lots of packaging from the store, and sometimes it can be more expensive for convenience. Modern humans eat these processed foods for convenience. You don't have to wash it. You don't have to do the chopping and preparation when you eat refined foods. But when you go on paleo diet, you buy the fruit and you eat it. You buy the vegetables, you have to wash it and chop it and then you eat it. So it's not processed, and it's much healthier for you.
约翰:实际上,在你吃新鲜的蔬菜和水果时,你的花费更少。通常商店里出售的加工食品和精制食物都有包装,为了方便食用,这些食物可能更贵。现代人为了方便经常吃这种加工食品。因为这种精制食物,不用洗,不用切,省去了很多准备工作。不过,如果采用旧石器时代饮食法,你去买水果食用。你去买蔬菜,然后要清洗和切好以后才能吃。这不是加工食品,对你来说更健康。

Sarah: How do you feel since you started this diet?
萨拉:你开始这种饮食方法以后感觉怎么样?

John: I feel much better actually. When we eat carbohydrates, we can feel tired. Carbohydrates are in processed foods like anything that comes from grains. Like I said, bread, cookies, cake, crackers. They have lots of carbohydrates. And when we eat them, our body has to use lots of energy to digest carbohydrates. It takes away energy which could be used for doing activities. That's why if you eat lots and lots of bread and cake, maybe you feel tired.
约翰:实际上我感觉好多了。我们吃碳水化合物的时候会感觉很累。用谷物等制成的加工食品中含有碳水化合物。比如我刚才提到的面包、饼干、蛋糕和薄脆饼干。这些食物里都含有很多碳水化合物。在吃这些食物的时候,我们的身体要运用很多能量来消化这些碳水化合物。这样会消耗掉我们用来活动的能量。所以,如果你吃很多面包和蛋糕,那你就会感到很累。

Sarah: Oh, I see.
萨拉:哦,我明白了。

John: If you just eat fresh vegetables and fruit, you can feel like you have lots of free energy.
约翰:如果你只吃新鲜的蔬菜和水果,你会感觉自己有很多自由的能量。

Sarah: Are there any foods that you miss?
萨拉:你有没有想吃的食物?

John: I think the food I missed the most is pizza. Pizza was my favorite food before. I used to eat pizza three times every week. Now, I rarely eat pizza. Pizza has a crust. The crust is bread, so the crust has lots of carbohydrates. Also, pizza has a lot of processed meats including pepperoni and sausage. Those meats are not very healthy for you. Also, pizza has lots of cheese on it. Cheese is another processed food. So if we cut out pizza from our diet, we can eat healthier and feel like we have more energy.
约翰:我很想念的食物是批萨。以前批萨是我最喜欢的食物。我以前每周吃三次批萨。现在,我很少吃批萨了。批萨有酥皮。酥皮是用面包做的,所以也含有很多碳水化合物。另外,批萨里还有很多加工肉类,比如意大利辣肉肠和香肠。那些肉类并不健康。而且批萨还有很多奶酪。奶酪也是加工食品。如果我们将批萨从饮食中去掉,那我们就能吃得更健康,而且感觉自己有更多能量。

Sarah: Well, that's great. Thanks for telling me about paleo.
萨拉:这很好。谢谢你介绍旧石器时代饮食法。

John: You're welcome.
约翰:不客气。