我们讲的英语第134期:Glamping 豪华野营
Neil: Hello and welcome to The English We Speak, I'm Neil Edgeller.
尼尔:大家好,欢迎收听地道英语节目。我是尼尔·埃杰勒。
Feifei: And I'm Feng Feifei. Neil you're looking very relaxed and healthy today.
菲菲:我是冯菲菲。尼尔,你今天看起来很放松,而且也很健康。
Neil: Oh, thanks Feifei, I've just come back from a camping holiday actually.
尼尔:哦,谢谢你,菲菲,实际上我刚去野营度假回来。
Feifei: A camping holiday?! Most people come back from camping looking like they need another holiday because of the lack of comfortable facilities!
菲菲:野营度假?大部分野营回来的人看上去都需要继续休假,因为野营地没有舒适的设施。
Neil: Ah, well actually I cheated. I went glamping.
尼尔:实际上我说谎了。我参加的是豪华野营。
Feifei: Glamping?
菲菲:豪华野营?
Neil: Yes, glamping. Although I was staying in a tent, it was already set up when we arrived at the campsite, we slept on proper beds and even had a kitchen with a cooker and fridge.
尼尔:对,豪华野营。虽然我是住在帐篷里,但其实当我们到达露营地时,帐篷已经搭好了,我们睡在舒服的床上,那里甚至还有配备炉具和冰箱的厨房。
Feifei: Wow, that sounds more glamorous than camping!
菲菲:哇,那听起来可比普通的露营豪华多了!
Neil: Exactly! Glamorous camping. Put those two words together and you get…
尼尔:没错!豪华的露营。把这两个词组合在一起,就是……
Both: Glamping.
二人一起:豪华野营。
Feifei: Oh I see… glamping is a word made up of two words: glamorous…
菲菲:哦,我明白了……glamping这个词是由两个词组成的:是豪华……
Neil: And camping.
尼尔:还有露营。
Feifei: It's glamorous because there are lots of facilities you don't normally get in a tent, such as proper beds and even a kitchen.
菲菲:称为豪华是因为那里有很多一般帐篷中不会有的设施,比如舒适的床,甚至还有厨房。
Example
例子
A: I really hate camping… It reminds me of miserable holidays as a kid, sleeping on a cold, wet floor and eating horrible food!
A:我真的非常讨厌露营……那让我想起了孩提时代的痛苦假期,那时我睡在冰冷又潮湿的地上,而且食物也很糟糕!
B: You should try glamping. You get to spend time in the great outdoors but in a proper bed and with nice meals! It's wonderful!
B:你应该试试豪华野营。你可以在户外享受愉快的时光,然后睡在舒服的床上,享用美食!那非常美好!
Feifei: So do people really use this word 'glamping'?
菲菲:那glamping这个词很常用吗?
Neil: Yes, it's quite a new word and a bit of a joke, but you can read it and you do hear people use it because there are more and more companies offering glamping holidays.
尼尔:对,这是一个比较新的词,而且有点玩笑的意味,不过你可以听到人们使用这个词,因为现在有越来越多的公司提供豪华野营假期。
Feifei: Hmm…
菲菲:嗯……
Neil: What's up Feifei? I know you're a city girl, but wouldn't you like to try glamping?
尼尔:菲菲,怎么了?我知道你是都市女孩,不过你不想试试豪华野营吗?
Feifei: I'm not sure about that… Is there room service?
菲菲:我不太确定……那里有客户服务吗?
Neil: Room service?! That's a step too far! I'm afraid that's too glamorous for glamping!
尼尔:客服服务?那太过了!恐怕这对豪华野营来说太奢华了!
Feifei: OK, how about a spa and massage room?!
菲菲:好吧,那有没有水疗室和按摩室?
Neil: Spa and massage room?! Honestly, it's still camping. Bye for now.
尼尔:水疗室和按摩室?老实说,那实质上还只是露营而已。现在该结束节目了。
Feifei: Ha ha! Bye!
菲菲:哈哈!再见!
相关文章
- 我们讲的英语第275期:To fall at the first hurdle 倒在第一关
- 我们讲的英语第274期:Pain in the neck 令人讨厌的人或事
- 我们讲的英语第273期:Burn a hole in your pocket 花钱如流水
- 我们讲的英语第272期:To turn something upside down 把……翻个底朝天
- 我们讲的英语第271期:Going forward 从今以后
- 我们讲的英语第270期:A recipe for disaster 后患无穷
- 我们讲的英语第269期:Crash course 速成班
- 我们讲的英语第268期:You've sold it to me 你说服我了
- 我们讲的英语第267期:Full of the joys of spring 非常高兴
- 我们讲的英语第266期:A leopard can't change its spots 江山易改本性难移