正文
中国人最易误解的表达第27期:叫你一声也算是问候吧
Tom asked after you.
(误译)汤姆在后面叫你。
(正译)汤姆问候你。
ask after 探问,问候
He always ask after you in his letters.
他每次来信都向你问候。
I am going to ask after my sick friend.
我要去探询我生病的朋友。
He'll be pleased to hear you ask after him.
他听到你的问候一定会很高兴的。
问候的其他表达:
1. extend greetings to
And to extend festive greetings to you.
并向你们致以节日的问候。
Extend my warmest greetings to your family!
愿上帝继续祝福你和你们家!
First they extend greetings to their parents.
首先他们把问候扩充到他们的父母。
2. say hello to 和某人打招呼;向……问好
Please say hello to your wife.
请代我向你妻子问好。
Please say hello to your family.
请你带我向你家人问好。
I just want to say hello to you.
我只不过想向你问好。
3. send one's regards to
I will sendregards to the queen.
我将向女王问好。
Please send my best regards to your GM!
请代我向贵公司总经理问候!
I send my regards to him with earnestness.
我向他表达了诚挚的问候。