和谐英语

您现在的位置是:首页 > BEC > BEC考试经验

正文

BEC商务英语辅导 罗马假日

2009-02-26来源:和谐英语
  (可爱的安妮公主在访问罗马期间,厌烦繁琐的皇家生活。她在床上发泄不满,而伯爵夫人毫不体谅地向她汇报明天的工作议程。)
  ANN: (brushing her hair) I hate this nightgown. I hate all my nightgowns. And I hate all my underwear too.
  安妮: (梳着头发)我讨厌这件睡袍。我讨厌所有的睡袍。我同样讨厌我的内衣。
  COUNTESS: My dear, you have lovely things.
  伯爵夫人:亲爱的,你有很多可爱的东西。
  ANN: But I'm not two hundred years old! (Dropping down on the bed) Why can't I sleep in pyjamas?
  安妮: 但我可没有两百岁大!(倒在床上) 为什么我不能穿着松睡衣睡觉?
  COUNTESS: (looking up as she folds the sheets into place) Pyjamas!
  伯爵夫人:(折叠着床单抬起头)松睡衣!
  ANN: (Just) the top half. Did you know there are people who sleep with absolutely nothing on at all?
  安妮: 仅露出上头。你知道有些人裸体而睡吗?
  COUNTESS: (opening the window) I rejoice to say that I did not.
  伯爵夫人:(打开窗子)我很庆幸地说,我不知道。
  ANN: (lying against the headboard, smiling as she hears distant music coming in through the window) Listen.
  安妮:(靠着床头板躺着,微笑地听着从窗外传来的音乐)听。
  COUNTESS: Oh, and your slippers. Please put on your slippers and come away at the window. Your milk and crackers.
  伯爵夫人: 嗨,你的拖鞋。 快穿上拖鞋,离开窗户。 你的牛奶和饼干在这里。
  ANN: (taking the tray; as the Countess helps her pull the covers over her) Everything we do is so wholesome【有营养的】.
  安妮:(拿着托盘,伯爵夫人为她取开盖子) 我们所有的一切都是有益健康的。
  COUNTESS: They'll help you to sleep.
  伯爵夫人:它们有助睡眠。
  ANN: (stubbornly) I'm too tired to sleep-- can't sleep a wink【瞬间】.
  安妮:(倔强地) 我累得反而一点都睡不着。
  COUNTESS: Now my dear, if you don't mind tomorrow's schedule--or schedule whichever you prefer-- both are correct. Eight thirty, breakfast here with the Embassy staff; nine o'clock, we leave for the Polinory Automotive Works where you'll be presented with a small car.
  伯爵夫人:哦,亲爱的,你喜欢明天的日程安排么,或者说你喜欢哪个—两个都不错。八点半,和使馆人员共进早餐;九点, 参观波利若里汽车工厂,你将获赠一部小汽车。
  ANN: (disinterested; absently playing with a napkin)Thank you.
  安妮:(心不在焉地玩着餐巾)谢谢。
  COUNTESS: Which you will not accept?
  伯爵夫人:你会拒绝哪一个?
  ANN: No, thank you.
  安妮:不,谢谢。
  COUNTESS: Ten thirty-five, inspection of Food and Agricultural Organization will present you with an olive【橄榄】 tree.
  伯爵夫人: 十点三十五,视察农产品组织,你会被赠上一棵橄榄树。
  ANN: No, thank you.
  安妮: 不,谢谢。
  COUNTESS: Which you (will) accept?
  伯爵夫人: 你答应吗?
  ANN: Thank you.
  安妮: 谢谢。
  COUNTESS: Ten fifty-five, the Newfoundling Home For Orphans. You will preside over the laying of the cornerstone; same speech as last Monday.
  伯爵夫人: 十点五十五,到新建孤儿院。你将主持奠基典礼,和上次一样的演讲。
  ANN: Trade relations?
  安妮: 贸易关系?
  COUNTESS: Yes.
  伯爵夫人: 对。
  ANN: (chewing a cracker) For the orphans?
  安妮:(吃着一块饼干)为孤儿的那次?
  COUNTESS: No, no, the other one.
  伯爵夫人: 不,另一次。
  ANN: "Youth and progress".
  安妮: “青少年与发展”。
  COUNTESS: Precisely. Eleven forty-five, back here to rest. No, that's wrong... eleven forty-five, conference here with the press.
  伯爵夫人: 很对,十一点四十五,回到这里休息。 哦,搞错了,十一点四十五在这里举行记者招待会。
  ANN: "Sweetness and decency".
  安妮: “甜美与高雅”。
  COUNTESS: One o'clock sharp, lunch with the Foreign Ministry. You will wear your white lace and carry a small bouquet of very small pink roses. Three-o-five, presentation of a plaque【匾;铭牌】. Four-ten, review special guard of Police. Four forty-five,back here to change to your uniform to meet the international...
  伯爵夫人: 一点整,和外交大臣共进午餐,你将戴上你的白色项链,捧着一束粉红色的玫瑰。三点零五分,授匾。四点十分, 检阅特别护卫队。 四点四十五,回来换上制服接见国际……
  ANN: (screaming at the Countess) STOP!!! (Looking away, her hair covering her face) Please stop! stop...!
  安妮:(对着伯爵夫人尖叫)停下!(移开视线,头发遮脸)请停下来!别说了!
  COUNTESS: (retrieving the tray) It's alright, dear, it didn't spill.
  伯爵夫人:(收回托盘)做得好,亲爱的,牛奶没有溢出来。
  *******************************************************************
  额外成就
  spill 除了指液体的“溢出”外,还通常引申为消息的“泄漏、告知”。
  如:You must get something in your mind, why don't spill it.
   你一定有什么心事,为什么不告诉我?
  常与它连用的短语有:spill out ; spill the beans
  一句经典谚语:It's no use crying over spilt milk.
  不要对着打翻了的牛奶哭泣(后悔是没有用的)。
  ANN: I don't care if it's spilled or not. I don't care if I'm drown in it (throws her head into the pillow)!
  安妮: 我不管溢不溢出来。我不管会不会溺死于此(她把头钻进被窝里)。
  COUNTESS: (putting her hands on her shoulders to comfort her) My dear, you're ill. I'll send for Doctor Bonnachoven.
  伯爵夫人:(把她的头放在肩上安慰她)亲爱的,你生病了,我会叫鲍那乔文医生过来。
  ANN: (turning over, facing the opposite way) I don't want Doctor Bonnachoven; please let me die in peace!
  安妮:(转过头,背对着她)我不见鲍那乔文医生,让我安静地死去吧!
  COUNTESS: You're not dying.
  伯爵夫人: 你不会死的。
  ANN: (facing the Countess) Leave me.
  安妮:(看着伯爵夫人)别理我。
  *******************************************************************
  额外成就
  通常为leave sb. alone 意为“走开,别打扰”。
  如:Don't try to interfere in my affairs, please leave me alone.
  别试图干涉我的事, 不要你管。(超级口语佳句)
  *******************************************************************
  COUNTESS: It's nerves,control yourself, Ann.
  伯爵夫人: 你一定是神经出了问题,镇静点,安妮。
  ANN: (throwing herself on the pillow, beating it with her fist) I don't want to!
  安妮: (倒在枕头上,拳头乱捶) 我不要。
  COUNTESS: (standing up straight, speaking with authority) Your Highness. I'll get Doctor Bonnachoven.
  伯爵夫人:(笔直站起,命令地说)公主殿下,我去叫鲍那乔文医生。
  ANN: (looking up as she leaves) It's no use, I'll be dead before he gets here.
  安妮:(抬头看着她离去) 没有用的,在他来之前,我就会死掉。
  (安妮公主在逃出使馆后,由于药性发作,睡落街头,恰巧被经过此地的本片男主角Joe,一家晚报记者,碰见。 )
  JOE: Hey! hey, hey,... Hey, wake up!
  乔: 嗨!嗨……醒醒!
  ANN: Thank you very much, delighted.
  安妮:谢谢,真高兴。
  JOE: Wake up.
  乔: 醒醒。
  ANN: No, thank you. Charmed.
  安妮:不,谢谢。幸会。