和谐英语

您现在的位置是:首页 > 英语阅读 > 英语阅读|英语阅读理解

正文

专属吃货的18个瞬间:生命在于美食

2013-08-29来源:buzzfeed

专属吃货的18个瞬间:生命在于美食

1. The neverending need to try new foods.
生命不息,试吃不止。

It’s like being a drug addict, but instead of booze and crack it’s crackers and anchovies.
你就像个瘾君子一样,但惹你上瘾的不是酒精或毒品,而是小饼干和凤尾鱼。

2. The overwhelming need to order something different every time you eat out.
每次出去吃都一定要点些不同的食物

No matter if it’s McDonald’s or Le Bernardin, you will never on any occasion order the same thing twice.
不管是在麦当劳还是伯纳丁餐厅,无论如何你都不会点两次相同的食物。

3. Not being able to order the same thing someone at your tabled ordered, because that would be insane.
不能点同一桌客人点过的东西,因为这样做和精神病人没区别。

You were going to get the duck, but since Janet decided to “get something exotic” you’re stuck ordering the shrimp. You hate Janet.
你准备点只鸭子,但那时简内特决定要些“异域特色”,所以你改成吃虾。并从此以后讨厌简内特。

4. Lying about where all your money goes.
骗自己钱的流向。

You know where it goes; to $200 dinners, that’s where.
但你知道钱究竟花在什么地方了:200美元一顿的晚餐。

5. Risking your vacation by eating authentic street food.
度假时冒险去吃正宗路边摊。

“What is that? Goat? No. Is it meat? Ah, screw it! Give me one and make it spicy.” — You, before you spend the whole next day on the toilet.
“那是什么东西?山羊肉?不是。是肉吗?啊,管那么多干嘛,给我一块,要多加辣的。”——然后就等着第二天在厕所里蹲一天吧。

6. Being called a “foodie” from people who think they’re trying to be cute.
有些想对你表示友好的人会管你叫“吃货”。

“I bet you’ll love this place, you foodie. It has weird things on the menu.”
“我打赌你这吃货肯定喜欢这里,他们菜单上有好多稀奇古怪的东西。”