和谐英语

您现在的位置是:首页 > 英语阅读 > 英语阅读|英语阅读理解

正文

专属吃货的18个瞬间:生命在于美食

2013-08-29来源:buzzfeed
7. Waiting in line, seemingly forever, just to try the “newest thing.”
排着似乎永远也轮不到自己的长队,只是为了尝尝“最新推荐”。

Whether it’s a restaurant or food truck, newbie or classic, you will wait in line. There’s a 90% chance the food will suck, but that 10% …
不管是在餐厅里还是在移动餐车上,不管是新式创意还是古典传统,你都会挤紧那条队伍中。一般90%的情况下排到的东西都很难吃,但为了另外的10%还是值得等待的。

8. Driving hours to try the “best taco you’ve ever tasted.”
不惜开车几小时,只为吃到“最好吃的墨西哥玉米卷”

Was it the best taco? Meh. Was it worth the journey? You betcha.
那是最好吃的玉米卷吗?嗯,大概吧。值得大老远跑一趟吗?那还用问!

9. Not understanding people who think seafood is gross.
不理解为什么有些人觉得海鲜恶心。

Being allergic I get, but thinking it’s “icky” … not so much.
要是因为他们对海鲜过敏还值得理解,但是认为海鲜恶心的,就很让人费解了……

10. When friends give you a hard time for ordering something simple.
一起点餐时你朋友给你出难题:“点些简单的就成”。

“Yeah, I got a scoop of vanilla. What of it?!”
“好吧,我这儿点一勺香草,够简单不?”

11. Not throttling people when they say plebian things, like “cilantro tastes like soap.”
当人们说出“香菜尝起来像肥皂”一类的肤浅评论时,就有一股抑制不住想要掐死他的冲动。

Almost as frustrating as people not knowing that coriander and cilantro are the SAME EFFING THING!
大概很多人都不知道,香菜和芫荽就是一种东西!

12. Getting jealous when you see what the guy at the table next to you ordered.
看到邻桌点的东西后你会嫉妒。

“I knew I should have gotten the halibut!”
我早就知道我应该点那条大比目鱼。