和谐英语

您现在的位置是:首页 > 英语阅读 > 英语阅读|英语阅读理解

正文

招聘人员不会告诉你的十件事

2014-09-01来源:loislotus
Top 10 Things Recruiters Won’t Tell You
招聘人员绝不会告诉你的十大事情

Your interview attire is outdated/messy/too tight/too revealing/too flashy.
你的面试服装过时/脏乱/太紧/太暴露/太浮华/艳俗了。

Your physical appearance is disheveled/outdated/sloppy/smelly/overpowering (i.e. too much perfume).
你的外表有些邋遢/过时/草率,你的身上有难闻的味道或强烈的气味(比如,喷了太多香水)

Your eye contact is weak/shifty/intense.
你和招聘人员的目光接触是怯懦的/游移的/紧张的。

Your handshake is limp/too forceful/clammy.
你和招聘人员握手时软弱无力/用力过重/手心湿黏。

You say ah/um/like too much.
你说了太多像“呃,恩,好像”之类的语气词。

You talk too much/use poor grammar/say inappropriate things (i.e. swearing) when you answer interview questions.
当你面试回答问题时,你话太多/语法有问题/说些不合适的事情(比如,赌咒发誓)。

You appear overconfident/pushy/self-centered/insecure/aloof/ditzy/scatter-brained/desperate.
你表现的太过自信/强势/以自我为中心/不安/冷漠/肤浅幼稚/思维混乱/急切。

You talk too fast/too slow/too loud/too soft.
你说话太快/太慢/声音太大/声音太小。

You giggle/fidget/act awkward/have facial tics/lack expression.
你傻笑/坐立不安/笨手笨脚/脸部抽筋/表达方式单一。

You lack sincerity/self-confidence/clarity/conviction.
你缺乏真诚/自信/鲜明的性格特点/信念。

So, How Do You Fix These?
那么,该如何改善这些?

Well, given 93% of communication is non-verbal, I can tell you that many of the negatives above can be improved by focusing on one thing: attitude.
实际上,要知道93%的交流都是非语言的,我能告诉你的是,你只需专注一件事,就能提高上述的许多缺点,那就是态度。

If you are angry, fearful, or confused, it’s going to show. You must find a way to feel good about yourself and your ability to contribute. This comes from knowing your strengths and embracing them. It also comes from doing your homework on a company so you can articulate clearly and with enthusiasm why you would be a great fit for the job. I realize this is easier said than done, but it can be done.
你的愤怒,害怕,或者困惑都会表现出来。你必须找到自我鼓励以及增强自身能力的方法。你需要发现自己的长处并欣然接受。并且,你得充分了解你所应聘的公司,用清晰的表达和极大的热忱来说明你是绝佳的人选。我知道这些事说着容易做着难,但是是能够做到的。

Your Next Step
下一步你要做的事

School teaches you everything except how to get the job. You must invest time in learning the right way to job search.
学校没有教你怎么得到一份工作。你必须投入时间去学习正确的求职方式。

I hope I’ve convinced you to take a hard look at the 10 reasons above and to commit to finding a way to improve your first impression factor.

我希望我已经说服你认真看了上述的十个理由,并立志找到提升自己第一印象的方法。

It’s your career.
这是你的事业。

Own your actions and take control of your professional development.
主动出击,把握你的职业发展

I promise, recruiters will take notice.
我保证,招聘人员会注意到的。