和谐英语

您现在的位置是:首页 > 英语听力 > 商务英语 > 职场社交英语

正文

又一张绿色便条纸

2007-03-20来源:
 


SCENE② A  吉娜与戴夫在各自的隔间里工作 

【又一张绿色便条纸】

 

Zina:  Hey, Dave. Look at this another green note. Someone must have left it while I was in LA.

吉娜:  嘿,戴夫。你看这个--又一张绿色便条纸。一定是有人趁我去洛城的时候放的。

 

Dave:  What does it say this time? Is it a death threat?

戴夫:         这次是写什么?索命威胁啊?

 

Zina:           It says, my dear kitten, / I'm sorry I haven't written. / It doesn't mean I'm not still 1) smitten. / I am.

吉娜:         上面写着:我亲爱的小猫,抱歉好一阵子没捎信, 这可不是我不魂牵梦萦。我仍迷恋着你。

 

Dave:  You've got to 2) admit, he does have a way with words.

戴夫:         你得承认他还真会舞文弄墨。

 

Zina:           It's a bunch of 3) mush! Where does he get off calling me a kitten?

吉娜:         为赋新词强说愁!他凭什么叫我小猫

 

Dave:          4) Considering how you've been 5) behaving, I'll admit it is a bit surprising.

戴夫:         由你最近的行为看来,我承认这种称呼有些让人意外。

 

语言详解

 

A: Do you admit that what you did was wrong?

   你承认你做错了吗?

 

B: I admit it, but I'm not sorry.

   我承认,但我不感到抱歉。

 

have a way with...对……很有一套】

 

have a way with...是指交际手腕或是对某方面的造诣很高,可以用在人与人的关系上:

 

A: She has a way with men.

     她对于男人很有一套。

B: That's because she's young and sexy.

     那是因为她年轻又性感。

 

Where does he get off...他凭什么……】

 

当你觉得某人做得太过分,不禁质疑起他有何权利这样做的时候,你就可以用上这个表达法Where does he get off...他凭什么……

 

A: Where does he get off telling me I need to lose some weight? 

   他凭什么跟我说我应该要减重?

B: He's your doctor. He's just concerned about your health. 

     他是你的医生,他只是关心你的健康。

 

1) smite (v.)  使神魂颠倒。smitten是过去分词当形容词用,表示被动的意思。

2) admit (v.)  承认

3) mush  (n.) 过分的多愁善感

4) considering (adv., prep) 鉴于……,考虑到……

5) behave  (v.) 举止,行为