和谐英语

您现在的位置是:首页 > 英语听力 > 英语听力材料

正文

避免这些毛病,这样说话别人更爱听

2018-02-07来源:和谐英语

seven deadly sins of speaking

说话的七宗罪

1.Gossip

流言蜚语

Speaking ill of someone who is not present. It’s not a nice habit but we know perfectly well, the person gossiping, five minutes later, will be gossiping about us.

在背后说别人的坏话不是一个好习惯,但是我们十分确定,现在这个正在八卦的人5分钟之后就会将自己的八卦触角转移到我们身上。

2.Judging

评头论足

We know people who are like this in conversation and it’s very hard to listen to somebody if you know you are being judged and found wanting at the same time.

我们在谈话中遇到过这类人,如果你知道自己此时此刻正在被审视、评价,并且还不被看好,就很难听进去这个人的话。

3&4.negativity and complaining

消极与抱怨

It’s the national art of the UK. We complain about the weather, sport, about politics, about everything, but actually complaining is viral misery. It’s not spreading sunshine and lightness in the world.

抱怨可是英国的国民艺术。我们抱怨一切,包括天气、运动、政治等等。但是抱怨真是一种病毒传染性的痛苦与自怜。它可不是在向世界传递阳光和光明。

5.Excuses

借口

We’ve all met this guy. Maybe we’ve all been this guy. Some people have a blamethrower. They just pass it to everybody else and don’t take the responsibility for their actions, and again, hard to listen to someone who is being like that.

我们也遇到过这种人,或者我们自己就是这种人。有些人总是喜欢为自己找借口,他们永远把责任推到别人身上。当然,这种人的话人们也听不进去。

6.Lying

撒谎与欺骗

For example, if I see something is really awesome, what do I call it? And then, the exaggeration becomes lying to us.

当我们看到一件特别令人惊艳的事物时,我们该如何形容呢?也许,后来过度的夸张就成为了谎言。

7.Dogmatism

固执己见

The confusion of facts with opinions. When those two things get conflated, you are listening to the wind. You know somebody is bombarding you with their opinions as if they were true. It’s difficult to listen to that.

固执己见的人混淆了事实与想法的界线。当两者混到一起的时候,这样的话就像耳边风,对于事实知之甚少。当有些人想用自己的想法强加于你时,其实你很难听进去。

Cornerstone of powerful speaking

有力表达的基础

1.Being honest means being clear and straightforward.

诚实意味着直率、清楚地表达出你的想法。

2.Authenticity means standing in your own truth.

真实是指不掩饰地表明自己。

3.Integrity refers to acting what you say.

正直是指说到做到,信守诺言。

4.Love means wishing people well.

而爱则是指每一句话都是出于为了对方着想的考虑出发的。

“Tempered with love, honesty can be a great thing.”

掺入着爱的诚实是非常棒的事。

Improve the quality of sound

提高声音的品质

Register: a deeper voice from the chest speaks with more power and authority.

音域:从胸腔发出的更加深沉的声音显得更有力量,更具权威感;

Timbre: how the voices feels or sounds — distinct from tone or loudness.

音色:声音的质感,不同于语气和音量大小;

Prosody: the sing-song or up and down of the movement.

韵律:说话时如歌唱般,音调上下起伏;

Pace: a rapid pace, then slowing down for emphasis. Or just pausing occasionally can be powerful.

语速:语速要偏快,但在重点的地方放慢速度或偶尔的停顿会使语言具有力量;

Pitch: a higher pitch can make you sound more excited.

音调:更高的音调会让你听起来更有激情;

Volume: quiet to make people pay attention, louder can also show excitement.

音量:小的音量让人们专心,大的音量则可彰显激情。

Just as Julian Treasure stated: No engine works well without being warmed up.

正如Julian Treasure所说:没经过预热的发动机无法好好工作。