和谐英语

您现在的位置是:首页 > 英语听力 > 疯狂英语 > 李阳疯狂英语突破对话

正文

李阳疯狂英语突破对话 Lesson20

2008-09-22来源:
10. All Americans Look Alike
美国人长得都一个样

A: I really think all Americans look alike.
我真的觉得美国人长得都一个样。

B: You’re crazy! You haven’t been here long enough.
你瞎说!你在美国住的时间还不长吧。

A: But they do.
他们长得确实是一个样啊。

B: What makes you say that?
何以见得?

A: They wear the same clothes, they’re all blond, they all drive cars, they all own Parker fountain pens; they all drink Coca Cola, and they all chew gum.
他们穿一样的衣服,都是金发碧眼;都开着车子;都有派克钢笔;都喝可口可乐,而且都嚼口香糖。

B: I disagree with you. They don’t all wear the same clothes; they’re definitely not all blond; they don’t all own Parker fountain pens; they don’t all drink Coca Cola, and they don’t all chew gum. I do think they all drive cars though! But that doesn’t have anything to do with how they look!
我不同意你的看法。他们并不都穿一样的衣服;也不全是金发碧眼;不是每个人都有派克钢笔;也不全喝可口可乐,更不都嚼口香糖,而且也不是所有的人都开车!但这和他们的长相也没关呀!

A:Maybe I am just homesick. I know you’re right. I just miss China, that’s all.
可能是我想家吧。我知道你是对的。只是因为我想家,想中国。

额外成就感

enough 足够的,够用的
* Do you have enough money for the taxi fare?
你有足够的钱支付出租汽车的车费吗?
* I can’t thank you enough for helping me with my English.
你帮我学英语真让我感激不尽。
* I don’t know him well enough to ask him for help.
我和他不够熟,不便向他求助。