您现在的位置是:首页 > 英语听力 > 疯狂英语 > 李阳疯狂英语突破对话
正文
李阳疯狂英语突破对话 Lesson41
2008-09-25来源:
Update Required
To play the media you will need to either update your browser to a recent version or update your Flash plugin.
BACKGROUND 背景
A cheap guy is avoiding his girlfriend on campus because he lied to her.
一个小气鬼正在校园里躲避他的女友,因为他对她撒了谎。
A: How’s it going?
进行得怎么样?
B: Not too bad. How are things going with you?
不错。你的呢?
A: Great, just great. Hey, could you do me a favor? Will you keep an eye on my books? I’ll be back in five minutes.
很好,非常顺利。嘿,你可不可以帮我一个忙?你能不能帮我照看一下这些书?我五分钟后就回来。
B: Where are you going? Are you up to something? You look as though you are.
你到哪儿去?你是不是在做什么坏事啊?看起来像做坏事似的。
A: Not really. But here comes my girlfriend. I really don’t want to her to see me.
不是。我女朋友来了,我不想让她看见我。
B: Why not? What’s the problem? Did you have a fight?
为什么?发生什么事了?你跟她吵架了?
A: No, it’s nothing like that. She just had her heart set on seeing a movie tonight. I promised to take her. Then I discovered I didn’t have any money. I called her and said I was sick.
没有,不是那么回事。她今晚一心想去看电影,我答应带她去的。但是我发现没钱了,就打电话告诉她我病了。
B: Relax. She’s going out the other door. You’re safe for the time being.
别紧张,她从另外一扇门出去了。你暂时没事了。
A: That was a close call. I’m lucky she didn’t see me. She would have really hit the roof.
真危险啊。好在她没看见我。不然,她非火冒三丈不可。
额外成就感
keep an eye on: watch carefully or take care of 照看☆☆☆
* Will you keep an eye on my baby while I go to the store?
我出去买东西的时候你能不能帮我照看一下孩子?
* Keep an eye on your bag, there are a lot of thieves around here.
把你的包看好,这儿有很多贼。
* Keep an eye on my apartment while I’m away.
我不在的时候帮我看家。
be up to something: do something that one shouldn’t do 计谋(坏事)☆☆☆☆☆
* Tom’s been smiling to himself all morning. I think he’s up to something, but I don’t know what it is.
汤姆整个上午都在窃笑,我想他肯定没什么好事,但就是不知道是什么事。
* I heard you two whispering so I know you must be up to something.
我听见你们俩嘀嘀咕咕的就知道没做什么好事。
* You know Stone, he’s always up to something!
你是知道石头这个人的,他总是满肚子坏水!
A: What are you up to?
你们嘀嘀咕咕在干什么?
B: Nothing.
没什么。
have one’s heart set on something: want something very much
一心想要☆☆☆☆☆
* My wife has her heart set on a new car for her birthday, but I don’t have enough money to buy it.
我太太一心想要一辆新车作生日礼物,可是我没有那么多钱给她买。
* I have my heart set on going abroad this year.
我今年一心想出国。
* Once you have your heart set on something, it’s difficult to settle for anything less.
一旦你一心想得到什么东西,差一点的东西就很难接受了。
for the time being: for the present time
现在;眼下;暂时☆☆☆
* I need a new car, but for the time being this one will have to do.
我需要买一辆新车,可眼下这辆还能凑合着用。
* For the time being we’re having class in the park until we can find a better place.
在我们找到一个更好的地方之前,就暂时在公园上课。
*Just use my office phone number for the time being.
就暂时用我办公室的电话吧。
a close call: a narrow escape from danger or death侥幸脱险☆☆☆☆☆
* I had a close call on the way to the office this morning. A car almost hit me!
我在早晨来上班的路上差点出事,一辆车差点就撞到我了!
* I sold my stock just before the market crashed. It was really a close call.
我在股市下跌之前就把股票全抛了。真玄!
* Sooner or later, his luck is going to run out. He’s had too many close calls.
迟早他的运气会走光的。他已经侥幸脱险好多次了。
hit the roof: get extremely angry 大发脾气;暴跳如雷☆☆☆☆
* He hit the roof when he found out I broke his glasses.
当他知道我把他的眼镜打碎了的时候,他大发脾气。
* My mother hit the roof when she saw my grades.
妈妈看到我的成绩之后大发雷霆。
* Promise you won’t hit the roof when I tell you this.
你得保证听我说完之后不发火。