和谐英语

您现在的位置是:首页 > 英语听力 > Fox News Radio

正文

拜登政府出台政策,鼓励购房

2023-05-18来源:和谐英语

Stephanie Pomboy is an economist, CEO of MacroMavens but she joins us tonight to assess.

斯蒂芬妮·庞博伊是一名经济学家,也是宏观专家公司的首席执行官。今晚她来到了我们的节目中。

Stephanie, thanks so much for coming on.

斯蒂芬妮,非常感谢你的到来。

So as always, the beneficiaries of these schemes are never the people who they tell you they are.

像往常一样,计划的受益者永远都不是他们所说的那群人。

Oh the oppressed the hopeless in our inner city.

哦,这是为了市中心那些受压迫、绝望的人。

There's always their donors who are buying up residential homes and turning them into rental properties.

其实是为了他们背后的财团。他们购买住宅,然后经营租赁业务。

I mean that's who's winning here, democratic donors.

最大的赢家是那些支持民主党的财团。

Gee you think!

明显就是这样!

Um you know I'm reminded of that old expression, um those who refuse to learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

我想起了那句老话,“拒绝以史为鉴的人注定要重蹈覆辙”。

We tried this exercise under George Bush when they decided that we needed to create a home ownership society

我们在乔治·布什的领导下尝试过这样做,当时他们决定要建立一个人人都拥有住房的社会,

and uh you know the Bush Administration in conjunction with Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac

当时布什政府与房利美和房地美一起,

you'll recall Franklin Raines and Barney Frank, all got in and decided that we needed to make it easier for people to become homeowners

还有富兰克林·雷恩斯和巴尼·弗兰克。他们都觉得应该让人们买房更容易些。

and we all remember how "well" that whole situation worked out.

后来我们也知道者计划有多“好”了。

But I would argue this situation is even more sinister than what you outlined

但我认为,现在这种情况比你说的更加糟糕。

in terms of trying to get people to move to the suburbs.

政府的政策不仅会让人们搬到郊区去,

And uh you know basically control them into home ownership

让人们去购买房子。

because we are on the doorstep of a another deflating home bubble right now

因为现在,另一场房地产泡沫即将破裂,

so essentially what they're doing is they're encouraging people to stretch into home that they couldn't otherwise afford

所以他们基本上就是鼓励人们购买自己原本就负担不起的住房。

precisely as the floor is about to fall out underneath them as prices decline.

而此时房价下跌,房地产泡沫即将破裂。

And we got existing home sales as reported by the National Association of Realtors yesterday and it reflects the second back-to-back month of declining home prices so it's here already.

美国全国房地产商协会昨天公布的现房销售数据显示,房价已经连续两月下降,也就是说,地产泡沫已经正在破裂了。

And we have seen sales volumes just collapse at a speed that is even faster than we saw during the housing bubble bust

我们已经看到,目前的房地产销售量正快速下降,比以前房地产泡沫破裂时的速度更快。

and that presages an equally substantial decline on prices,

这预示着房价同样将大幅下降,

so I think we will again for only the second time in our history see nationwide home prices decline.

所以我认为,我们将经历有史以来第二次全国房价下降的情况。

So this idea that now is the time to encourage people who can't otherwise afford to get into homes to do so is really really dangerous.

因此,现在鼓励那些无法负担住房的人买房真的非常危险,

These people will probably be underwater in their homes before they even get the keys.

甚至在拿到钥匙之前,这些人的生活就会艰难起来了。

Then what then what kind of policy are they going to prescribe?

然后政府会出台什么政策呢?

You know, I shudder to a imagine.

我一想到这个就不寒而栗。

And you know it goes without saying, Tucker, or it should,

而且塔克,很明显,

that the reason homes are increasingly unaffordable for people is because we have spent over a decade pushing money into this economy with reckless monetary and fiscal policy

人们越来越买不起房子的原因是,我们十多年间一直实行过于激进的货币和财政政策,向经济发展注入资金。

that inflated a massive bubble in housing that now the Fed is raising rates to dampen.

而这些政策吹起了巨大的房地产泡沫。现在美联储正在加息以缓解这种情况。

So you have a combination of inflated home prices and higher interest rates that have made it unaffordable.

因此,房价高企、利率又上涨,人们就买不起房子了。

It's not racism that's making homes unaffordable.

让人们买不起房的不是种族主义,

It's reckless policy and they're layering more reckless policy on top to solve it.

而是激进的政策。政府正在采取更多激进的政策来解决这个问题。

So nicely put so nicely put.

说得真好,说得真好。

This is what asset inflation looks like for the average person.

对于普通人来说,这就是资产通胀。

Stephanie Pomboy, I appreciate your coming on tonight.

斯蒂芬妮·庞博伊,感谢你的到来。

Thank you.

谢谢。