和谐英语

您现在的位置是:首页 > 英语听力 > 国外节目 > 艾伦脱口秀 Ellen Show

正文

艾伦秀第65期:拍一部新电影

2016-05-31来源:和谐英语

1、suppose
假定;假设;设想
Suppose someone gave you an egg and asked you to describe exactly what was inside.
假设有人给了你一枚鸡蛋并要你准确描述鸡蛋里面有什么。
Supposing he's right and I do die tomorrow? Maybe I should take out an extra insurance policy.
假设他是对的,我确实明天就会死,那该怎么办?也许我应该再买一份保险。
(根据所知)认为,推断,料想
The policy is perfectly clear and I see no reason to suppose that it isn't working.
这项政策非常清楚明了,我没有理由认为它不会奏效。
I knew very well that the problem was more complex than he supposed...
我很清楚那个问题比他料想的要更复杂。
我看;要我说;我想
I get a bit uptight these days. Hormones, I suppose.
这些天我有点焦躁。我看是荷尔蒙在作怪。
I suppose I'd better do some homework.
我看我最好做做功课。
2、embarrass
使尴尬;使窘迫;使害羞
His clumsiness embarrassed him.
他因自己的笨拙而感到尴尬。
It embarrassed him that he had no idea of what was going on.
对所发生的事情一无所知,这让他很难堪。
使(公众人物、组织等)难堪;给…出难题
The Republicans are trying to embarrass the president by thwarting his economic program.
共和党人企图通过阻挠总统的经济计划使其难堪。
The Government has been embarrassed by the affair.
这件事给政府出了难题。