和谐英语

您现在的位置是:首页 > 英语听力 > 国外节目 > 艾伦脱口秀 Ellen Show

正文

艾伦秀第134期:米歇尔·奥巴马

2016-06-16来源:和谐英语

1、suppose
假定;假设;设想
Suppose someone gave you an egg and asked you to describe exactly what was inside.
假设有人给了你一枚鸡蛋并要你准确描述鸡蛋里面有什么。
Supposing he's right and I do die tomorrow? Maybe I should take out an extra insurance policy.
假设他是对的,我确实明天就会死,那该怎么办?也许我应该再买一份保险。
(根据所知)认为,推断,料想
The policy is perfectly clear and I see no reason to suppose that it isn't working.
这项政策非常清楚明了,我没有理由认为它不会奏效。
I knew very well that the problem was more complex than he supposed.
我很清楚那个问题比他料想的要更复杂。
我看;要我说;我想
I get a bit uptight these days. Hormones, I suppose.
这些天我有点焦躁。我看是荷尔蒙在作怪。
I suppose I'd better do some homework.
我看我最好做做功课。
2、manage
管理;经营;掌管
Within two years he was managing the store.
不出两年他就开始管理这家店了。
Most factories in the area are obsolete and badly managed.
这个地区的绝大多数工厂都十分陈旧,经营状况也非常糟糕。
谨慎地使用,好好地利用(时间、金钱等)
In a busy world, managing your time is increasingly important.
在忙碌的世界里,善于利用时间变得越来越重要。
Josh expects me to manage all the household expenses on very little.
乔希指望我对每笔家庭支出都精打细算。
设法做到;成功完成
Somehow, he'd managed to persuade Kay to buy one for him.
不知用了什么方法,他成功说服凯给他买了一个。
I managed to pull myself up onto a wet, sloping ledge.
我终于爬上了一块潮湿倾斜的暗礁。