和谐英语

您现在的位置是:首页 > 英语学习 > 英语口语

正文

我来帮你搞定的表达

2008-08-20来源:
   Don:It's not too late! She's still here. Get back over there.

  唐:现在还不迟!她还在那里。再回那边去吧。

  Herbert:  I can't. Anyway, her 1) interests are completely 2) different from mine.

  赫伯特: 我不行。反正,她的兴趣跟我完全不同。

  Don:   How do you know?

  唐:你怎么知道。

  Herbert:  I talked about baseball and heavy metal. She was bored.

  赫伯特: 我提到棒球跟重金属。她觉得无聊。

  Don:   What does she do?

  唐:她是做什么的?

  Herbert:   She's a piano teacher. Her name is Rose.

  赫伯特: 她钢琴老师。她的名字是柔丝。

  Don:   OK. Let me 3) handle this.

  唐:好吧。我来帮你搞定。

  Herbert:   Don, what are you doing? Oh, no.

  赫伯特:   唐,你在干嘛?唉唷!不要啦!

  语言详解

  A: You should tell Matt that you cheated on him.

  你应该告诉麦特你背着他搞外遇。

  B: It's a confession that I don't think he can handle.

  这样的告白我想他无法承受。

  “Let me handle this. 让我来处理”

  当别人束手无策,或是没办法完成一件事,而你想把整件事扛下来时,就可以说这句话。

  A: The boss is coming! He's going to be angry!

  老板来了!他要发脾气了!

  B: Let me handle this. I know the boss really well.

  让我来处理。我很了解老板。

  还有另外一种情况是,别人说要把一件事揽下来,但你不确定这个人是不是真能办到,就可以问Could you handle it? 你能处理吗?

  A: I'll watch the office while you're at lunch.

  你出去吃午饭时,我会看好办公室。

  B: Sure. If you can handle it.

  假如你能处理的话当然好。

  1) interest  (n.) 兴趣,喜好

  2) different from…… 与……不同

  3) handle  (v.) 处理,掌控