和谐英语

您现在的位置是:首页 > 英语学习 > 英语口语

正文

她放我鸽子的表达

2008-08-20来源:
   Sue:   Well, how did it go last night?

  苏:怎么样,昨天晚上怎么样?

  Rose:  It went OK.

  苏:还好。

  Sue:   What does that mean? Did you meet that young girl?

  苏:这是什么意思?你有没有见到那个小女孩?

  Rose:  No, she 1) stood me up. And she didn't send me an e-mail to say why.

  柔丝: 没有,她放我鸽子,而且也没有寄电子邮件告诉我怎么回事。

  Sue:So did you go home?

  苏:所以你就回家了?

  Rose:  No. I stayed to have a 2)  drink.

  柔丝: 没有。我留下来喝了一杯。

  Sue:A drink? Do you mean an 3) alcoholic drink? But Rose, you don't drink!

  苏:喝一杯?你是说喝酒吗?但是,柔丝,你不喝酒啊!

  语言详解

  A: Are beverages included in the price?

  这个价钱有包括饮料吗?

  B: Yes. But only non-alcoholic ones.

  有。但是只限非酒精饮料。

  “to stand someone up 放(某人)鸽子”

  当你跟人约会,在约定的时间地点却没看到对方,就可以说I was stood up. 我被放鸽子。或是He stood me up.他放我鸽子。

  A:  I waited for him for an hour! He never came!

  我等了他一个小时!他都没来!

  B:  He stood you up again?

  他又放你鸽子了?

  A:  Can't you go out with her another day?

  你不能改天再跟她出去吗?

  B:  It's too late to cancel, and I don't want to stand her up.

  现在取消太迟了,而我不想放她鸽子。

  1) stand……up 放(某人)鸽子,跟(某人)约会却没有出现,stood 是 stand 的过去式。

  2) drink  (n.,v.) 酒(饮料),喝(酒)

  3) alcoholic (a.) 酒精的