和谐英语

您现在的位置是:首页 > 英语语法 > 语法教学

正文

表示“本想”的八类语法结构

2016-06-03来源:和谐英语

表示“本想”的八类语法结构

当我们要表示过去一个未曾实现的想法和打算时,我们就说“本想……,但是……”。汉语中的“本想”说成英语可以有以下几种方法:

1. 用过去进行时表

We were coming to see you, but it rained (so we didn’t). 我们本打算来看你的,但是下起雨来了。

I was trying to help but I screwed up again. 我本想帮忙,反而又把事情搞糟了。

2. was [were] going to do sth 表示

—Why didn’t you come to the meeting? 你为什么不来参加会议?

—I was going to, but I caught a bad cold. 我本想来的,但我患了重感冒。

She was going to attend the concert last night, but she was too busy. 她昨晚本想去听音乐会的,但她太忙了。

3. want, think, hope, plan, mean, expect, intend, suppose 等动词的过去完成时表示

I had intended to speak, but time did not permit. 我本想发言,但时间不允许。

We had hoped that you would come to see us, but you didn’t. 我们本想你来看我们的,但你没有来。

I had meant to go on Monday but have stayed on. 我本想星期—走的,但又留下了。

We had thought to return early but they wouldn’t let us go. 我们本想早回来的,但他们不让我们走。

4. want, think, hope, plan, mean, expect, intend, suppose 过去式后接不定式的完成式表示

I meant to have told you about it earlier, but I could not come. 我本想早点把这事告诉你,但是我来不及了。

I wanted to have told her what I thought, but I didn’t. 我本想把自己的想法告诉她,但我还是没有。

5. want, think, hope, plan, mean, expect, intend, suppose 过去式表示

I meant to reason with you, but you won’t reason. 我本想和你讲道理,但你不肯讲道理。

He hoped to come with us, but he was too busy. 他本想同我们一起来的,但他太忙了。

I wanted mother’s present to be a secret, but my sister let the cat out of the bag. 给母亲的礼物我本想保密,可是妹妹却露了马脚。

6. would have done 表示

I would have written before, but I have been ill. 我本想给你写信的,但我生病了。

I would have preferred a bed, but beggars can’t be choosers so I slept on the sofa. 我本想要张床,但是叫花子不能挑肥拣瘦,所以我就睡在沙发上了。

7. should [would] like [love] to have done 表示

I should like to have seen it (but it wasn’t possible). 我本想事前看到的(但这不可能)。

I would like to have gone to the party last night but I had to work extra hours to finish a report. 昨晚我本想去参加晚会的,但我要加班写一个报告。

I’d love to have taken him round the factory, but I was too busy. 我本想带他去厂里看看,但我太忙了。

8. 其他比较灵活的表达

The surprise party turned out as flat as a pancake. 这次本想让大家感到惊奇的聚会到头来却十分扫兴。

We went by sea but I’d rather have gone by air. 我们是乘船去的,可我本想乘飞机去。

He became a doctor, but he’d prefer to have been a lawyer. 他成了一名医生,但他本来是想当一名律师的。