和谐英语

您现在的位置是:首页 > 英语口语 > 英语情景对话 > 英语畅谈世界文化

正文

英语口语畅谈世界文化之英国91:Football足球mp3

2017-06-28来源:和谐英语




英语口语畅谈世界文化

之英国

91 Football 足球

F:Football fan        T:Tourist
F:足球迷               T:游客

F: Welcome to Old Trafford. home of Manchester United.
F:欢迎来到曼联主场——老特拉福德。

T: Yeah, it's great to be here. I've heard so much about David Beckham. He used to play for Manchester United. didn't he?
T:嗯。能来这里太好了。我听过很多有关大卫·贝克汉姆的事。他过去是在曼联队踢球吗?

F: That's right, but now he plays for Real Madrid.
F:是的,然后为皇家马德里队效力。

T: I only know a little about him, bur r know he's very handsome.
T:我只知道一点点关于他的情况。不过我知道他很帅。

F: He certainly is. He's also married with three children.
F:他的确很帅。而且他结婚厂,还有3个孩子。

T: I know he's married to Posh Spice who used to be with the Spice Girls.
T:我知道他娶了以前辣妹组舍里的高贵辣妹。

F: That's right and he has three boys called Brooklyn, Romeo and Cruz.
F:是的。他有3个儿子,分别叫做布鲁克林、罗密欧和克鲁兹。

T: Football is England's national sport, isn't it?
T:足球是英国的全民运动吧?

F: Yeah, we invented it. Rumour has it that Anglo-Saxons used the heads of captured Danes as footballs.
F:没错,是我们首创的。据谣传,盎格鲁.茸克逊人曾经把被俘的丹麦海盗的脑袋当作足球来踢。

T:But what did they use as footballs when they ran out of heads?
T:要是他们没脑袋踢,又拿什么来当足球呢?

F: Inflated pig bladders would you believe!
F:用充气的猪膀胱,不相信吧?

T: So football has always been popular in England, right?
T:所以足球在英国一直都很受欢迎,对吗?

F: Not quite. It was actually banned in 1477 because it interfered with young men leaming to be archers.
F:也不全是。实际上足球在1477年时曾放禁止过,因为它妨碍了年轻人练弓箭。

T: Wow. I suppose national defence had to come first then What about the modem game? How did that start?
T:哦.我想保家卫国足应该放在第一位的。那么现代的足球运动是从什么时候开始的?又是如何开始的呢?

F:IC wasn't until 1863 that football became as we know it now.
F:直到1863年足球才发展成为我们今大所看到的样子。

T: Why? What happened then?
T:为什么?那时候发生什么事了吗?

F: The rules of the game were formulated by a group of public school men and that led to the formation of football clubs and leagues.
F: 一群私立学校的人制定了足球的比赛规则,这样就促使r各足球俱乐部和联赛相继成立。

T: The Premiership is supposed to be the best league in the world but England haven’t won the World Cup since 1966. Why is that?
T:据说英格兰超级联赛是世界上最好的足球联赛。但英国自1966年后就再也没有赢得过世界杯,为什么呢?

F: i think there are two reasons for that. First, there are a lot of foreigners who play in England which means less room for English players and secondly, we've never had a good
F:我想有两个原因。第一,有很多外国人在英国踢球,只给英国本土球员留下很小的发挥余地。第二,我们一直都没有一个好的组织者。

T: I hope that will change in the future. Who do you think will win the Premiership?
T:我希望将来情况会有所改善。你认为谁能在本次英超中夺冠呢?

F: It seems to be a two horse race between Manchester United and Chelsea.
F:曼联和切尔西队好像不相上下。

T: It would be nice if a different team won this year.  By the way, can you tell me what a “hat trick" means?
T:如果今年有别的队能打赢的语就太好了。对了,你能告诉我“帽子戏法”是什么意思吗?

F: It means a player who scores three goals in a game.
F:那是指一个球员在同一场比赛中踢进了3个球。

单词词组】

England's national sport英国的全民运动
Become as we know it now发展成为我们今天所看到的样子
a two horse race 不相上下的比赛
hat trick帽子戏法

【背景介绍】

英国(英格兰)是现代足球的发源地。据史料记载,中世纪时在英国就出现了类似今天这种足球活动。到19世纪初,足球运动在英国已经相当普及。由于需要对足球比赛形成一个统一的观点,1863年10月26日,有关人士在伦敦女王大街的弗雷马森酒店聚会,讨论并同意成立足球协会,会上除宣布足协正式成立外,还制定和通过了一部较为统一的足球竞赛规则,它是现代足球竞赛规则的雏形。它的成立标志着现代足球的诞生。