和谐英语

您现在的位置是:首页 > 英语口语 > 英语情景对话 > 英语畅谈世界文化

正文

英语口语畅谈世界文化之英国84:Tea茶mp3

2017-06-28来源:和谐英语



英语口语畅谈世界文化

之英国

84  Tea 茶

O: Tea shop owner      T: Tourist
O:茶叶店主                   T:旅游者

O: Welcome to Ye Olde Tea Shoppe
O:欢迎光临老茶叶店

T: Thanks. It's my first time to visit England and I've heard so much about English tea. Which would you recommend?
T:谢谢:我这是第一次来英国旅游.以前听说过很多英国茶叶方面的故事。你有什么可推荐的?

O: We have quite a large selection. How about Darjeeling or Earl Grey? They're very popular.
0:我们这儿的茶叶品种多着呢。大吉岭茶或格雷伯爵茶怎么样?这两种茶卖得非常好。

T: Darjeeling? Whereabouts is that in England?
T:大吉岭?在英国什么地方?

O: It's not in England at all. It's a district in West Bengal, in India.  Darjeeling is considered to be the “champagne” of tea. In fact, we don't grow tea in England at all.  Most English tea comes from India
0:根本不在英国。这是印度西盂加托的一个地区。大吉岭故人们当作茶叶中的“香槟酒”。事实上.我们英国根本不种茶叶。英国大多效的茶叶都是从印度进口的。

T: That's odd. In China, all Chinese tea comes from China
T:这倒有点奇怪。在中国,所有的茶叶都是本地产的。

O: Yes I know. I'll fetch you a pot of Darjeeling for you to try
0:是的,这我知道。我给你泡一壶大吉岭茶尝尝。

T: Is there any special English tea ceremony like we have with Chinese tea?
T:喝中国茶有特别的讲究,英国茶是不是也有?

O: Good heavens, no. We just pour a little hot water into a teapot 6rst to warm it, empty it. put some tea leaves in. add hot water and then leave it for a few minutes to brew.
O:谢天谢地.没什么讲究。我们只是先往茶壶里倒点热水暖暖壶,然后把永倒掉,再放进些茶叶,加些热水,然后泡上几分钟就行了。

T: I've heard that you Englishmen have afternoon tea everyday. Is that true?
T:我听说你们英国人每天都喝下午茶,是这样吗?

O: Well, afternoon tea is said to have or18jnated with one person; Anna, 7th Duchess of Bedford. In the early 1800s she launched the idea of having tea in the late afternoon to bridge the gap between luncheon and dinner, which in fashionable circles might nor be served until 8 0'clock at night. Nowadays, afternoon tea has gone out of fashion for the majority of British people but it's very popular among tourists like yourself
O:是的.据说下午茶与一个叫安娜的人有关,她是贝德福德第7任公爵夫人。19世纪初,她提出了傍晚喝茶的想法,以填补午餐和晚餐的空档,因为上流社会的人们要到晚上8点才吃晚餐。如今,对大多数英国人来说,下午茶已经过时了,但在你这样的游客中间却很受欢迎。

T: Yes. And I can see why. So it's ready to drink now, is it?
T:是这样,而且我明白这是为什么。那现在可以喝了吧?

O: Yes. I'll pour some out for you. As you can sec it's a black tea and very fragrant. Try smelling it first.
O:可以了。我来给你倒。你看,这是红茶,味道很香。先闻闻看。

T: OK. Mmmm . . . Smells nice. Can I taste it now7
T:好的。嗯……闻起来小错。现在可以尝了吗?

O: We normally add some milk to it and maybe some sugar if you prefer.
O:我们一般要加些牛奶进去,你喜欢的话也许还可以加砦糖。

T: OK. I'll try a little milk 6rst.
T:好的,那我先放点牛奶试试。

O: What do you think?
O:怎么样?

T: It's certainly different from Chinese tea! We would never dream of adding milk or sugar to our tea. But it tastes quite nice.
T:真是跟中国茶不一样!我们从来就没有想过往茶里加牛奶或糖。不过味道还真不错。

单词词组】

a large selection品种多,选再余地大
out of fashion不合时尚;不流行
Good heavens!谢天谢地!
would never dream 从来没有想过

【背景介绍】

茶是英国传统的大众化饮料,平均每10人中有8人饮茶。每年全国消耗掉近20万吨的茶叶,占世界茶叶贸易总量的20%,为西方各国之冠,堪称“饮茶王国”。

英国茶一般加牛奶,有时也加糖,但更多的是加上橙片、茉莉等制成所谓的伯爵红茶 Earl Grey(Duke's black tea)、茉莉红茶(black tea of jasmine)、果酱红茶(black tea of jam)、蜜蜂红茶(black tea of honey)等。人们一天中的任何时间均可以饮茶,早上醒来时至下床前或早饭时有早茶;上午11点左右有15分钟的“茶休”喝“上午茶”;下午茶在下午4~5时的茶休中进行,大约也是15分钟。茶点一般是现成的食品,有面包、黄油、果酱、糕点和饼干。各种糕点比面包更受欢迎,如烤饼、松饼、茶食点心和烤面包片等等。在城镇的旅馆、茶馆或小吃馆、饭店、快餐馆均有茶水供应。