英语高级口语对话正常语速44:Jessica的梦想职业(MP3)
Jessica's Dream Job
Jessica的梦想职业
Todd: OK. Jessica, we're back. We're gonna talk about your future. What do you want to be when you grow up?
托德:好的,杰西卡,我们又回来了。我们将要谈论你的未来。你长大后想要做什么?
Jessica: Well, um, I wanna be a physician's assistant.
杰西卡:嗯,我想成为医师助理。
Todd: OK. What is a physician's assistant?
托德:好的。医师助理是什么呢?
Jessica: Well, normally when you go into a, into the doctor's office, you wouldn't usually get, well you would get your doctor all they do is check, give you check-ups or you know maybe take out stitches or something, not surgery. You just go in and do the little things. So the doctor does not have to do them.
杰西卡:嗯,通常,你进入医生的办公室,你通常不,嗯,你的协助医师将交代他们要做的事项,给你核对的事项,或者你可能会知道缝针或是其他的,并不是外科手术。你必须参与并处理小事情。因为医师没必要做这些小事。
Todd: Oh, OK. So that is what you want to do?
托德:哦,好的。所以那就是你想做的?
Jessica: Yeah.
杰西卡:嗯。
Todd: OK.
托德:好吧。
Jessica: And make lots of money.
杰西卡:还有挣很多钱。
Todd: You wanna make lots of money.
托德:你想挣很多钱?
Jessica: OK. Nothing wrong with that.
杰西卡:嗯。那并没什么。
Todd: How do you become a physici... physician's assistant. I can't even say it.
托德:你想如何成为一个医师,医师助理。我甚至不知道怎么说。
Jessica: It's a lot of schooling. You have like six years, four or six years of college and you obviously take the,like nursing and other kinds of classes like that and then you do like um, two, two or four years at like a hospital as a..
杰西卡:那需要很多学习。你需要6年,4年或6年的大学学习,就像是护理和其他此类的课程,然后你需要花2年或4年在医院……
Todd: Like an assistant, or..
托德:就像是助理,或……
Jessica: Like, like you're actually doing.
杰西卡:就像是你正在做的。
Todd: Oh, an intern.
托德:哦,实习生。
Jessica: An intern, yeah! An internship for two or four years at a hospital.
杰西卡:一名实习生,是啊。在医院实习2年或4年。
Todd: Then, that's it. You finish.
托德:然后,就是这样。你完成了。
Jessica: And then you hopefully go on and maybe have your own little doctor's place and open that up or something.
杰西卡:然后你很有可能继续实习或者你可能会有自己的小办公室或是其他的。
Todd: Well, best wishes on becoming a physician's assistant. I'm sure you'll make a good one.
托德: 嗯,祝你能早日成为医师助理。我确信你会成为一名好的医师助理。
Jessica: Thank you.
杰西卡:谢谢你。