和谐英语

您现在的位置是:首页 > 英语口语 > 基础口语 > 跟艾米丽练口语

正文

跟艾米丽一起学口语(MP3+文本) 第801期:“minute”还有这层意思

2021-02-14来源:和谐英语

单词精讲

minute

分钟;片刻

I'll be back in a few minutes.

我一会儿就回来。


I enjoyed every minute of the party.

我在这次聚会上从头到尾都非常开心。


会议记录;将...记入会议记录

Come in and bring in the minutes of yesterday's meeting.

你进来一下,顺便把昨天的会议记录带过来。


You don't need to minute that.

你不必把那点记入会议当中。


经典对话


A: What should I do before the meeting?

我在会议前应该准备什么工作?


B: You have to prepare the agenda and make sure that everyone is notified before the meeting.

你要准备好会议议程,并且要确保在开会前通知到每一个参会者。

agenda表示“议事日程”


A: I see. So what should I do during the meeting?

明白了,那我在会议期间要做什么?


B: Of course. You're supposed to take the minutes, which is one of your most important tasks.

当然是要做会议记录了,这是你最重要的任务之一。

be supposed to do表示“应该做...”


A: Do I need to make a note of every word?

我需要把会上每个人说的每句话都记下来吗?

make a note of表示“记录”


B: No. This depends on the nature of the meeting. For example, you're in charge of informal meeting this time, you only need to record the topics and the results of the discussions. And in a formal meeting, you basically need to keep track of everything, especially the speech at the meeting.

不需要。这要根据会议的性质来决定。比如你这次负责的是非正式会议,你只需要记录会议上的主题和讨论的结果。而在正式会议上,你就基本上要记录所有的内容了,尤其是会议上的演讲是最重要的。

keep track of表示“记录;与...保持联系”


A: And then?

然后呢?


B: After the meeting, you need to print out the minutes and send them to the manager's office, because our company will adjust the company's policy according to these minutes.

会议后,你需要将你做的会议记录打印出来送到经理的办公室,因为我们公司会根据这些会议记录调整公司的政策。


A: The minutes of the meeting are very important.

会议记录很重要呢。


B: Of course. So you must be careful when you take minutes at the meeting.

当然了,所以你一定要认真做会议记录。


A: Okay. Thank you very much. You're very helpful to me.

好的,非常感谢你,你对我的帮助很大。


B: Not at all. Your study spirit deserves praise.

不用客气,你的学习精神是值得夸奖。