和谐英语

您现在的位置是:首页 > 英语口语 > 俚语俗语短语 > 英语俚语习语对话

正文

英语俚语习语小对话第9期:"妻管严"英语怎么说? (mp3和文本下载)

2017-04-09来源:和谐英语

习语:a hen-pecked husband

讲解:hen-pecked表示“受老婆虐待或怕老婆的人”,所以a hen-pecked husband指的是“怕老婆的人”,和中文的“妻管严”类似。

英语情景对话1:

He is a hen-pecked husband and his wife wears the trousers on all the matters.
他是个“妻管严”,家里事无巨细全由老婆说了算。

He never does anything without asking his wife first—he's a completely hen-pecked husband.
他做任何事都要首先请示他老婆—他是个十足的“妻管严”。

Yes, everyone knows he is a hen-pecked husband.
对呀,大家都知道他家有母老虎。

英语情景对话2:

A: Does your wife work?
你的妻子工作吗?

B: Yes, she does. She works at home.
是的,她在家工作。

A: Oh, I understand. She cooks, cleans and takes care of children. Is that right?
哦,我明白了。他做饭,打扫屋子,看孩子,对吗?

B: Oh, no. Most of the time I do these things. She is a writer.
哦,不。大多数时间是我干这些活。她是个作家。

A: You are really a hen-pecked husband.
你可真是个“妻管严”呀。

英语学习笔记:

take care of:照顾,照料

I ached to be of an age to take care of myself.
我巴望能到自食其力的年龄。

I’ll take care of the affairs of office.
我来处理办公室的日常事务。