和谐英语

您现在的位置是:首页 > 英语口语 > 俚语俗语短语 > 英语俚语习语对话

正文

英语俚语习语小对话第64期: "偶遇"英语怎么说? (mp3和文本下载)

2017-04-15来源:和谐英语

blunder upon

讲解:blunder是动词,意思是“犯错误,乱闯,瞎闯或者是碰到某物”,短语blunder upon指的是“偶然碰上或者是无意中发现”。

支持范例:

Eg. Yesterday I blundered upon an old friend I hadn't seen for several years.
昨天我偶然碰上了一个几年没见面的老朋友。

Eg. I blundered upon an old classmate this morning.
今天早上我偶然遇到了一位老同学。

Eg. While visiting the Great Wall, they blundered upon a group of foreign friends.
他们在游览长城的时候偶然遇到了一群外国友人。

Eg. Yesterday I blundered upon an old acquaintance of mine.
昨天我偶然遇到一位老相识。

英语情景对话:

A: Is this watch yours?
这是你的手表吗?

B: No, it isn't mine. I blundered upon it under the sofa. Do youknow whose watch it is?
不,不是我的。我是在沙发下面捡到的。你知道是谁的吗?

A: Let me have a look. It's mine. I have been looking for it, but just cannot find it. It's present from my father.
让我看一看,这是我的手表,我一直在找它就是找不到。这是我父亲送给我的礼物。

B: Well, here you are. Remember to put it in a proper place.
哦,给你吧。记得把它放好。

英语学习笔记:

1.put sth in + adj. Place:把......放在......的地方

Eg. He put the gold watch in a safe place.
他把金表放在安全处。

Eg. I went and put it in a secret place by Parah, as the Lord had said to me.
我就去,照着所吩咐我的将它带藏在伯拉河边。

Eg. Just take a stone and put it in the same place.
拿块石头,放回原位。

Eg. The mice at the cheese again, put it in a safer place.
耗子又在偷吃干酪了,把它放到较安全的地方去吧。

2.have a look:看一看,看一下

Eg. I went east in May to have a look at him.
我五月到东部去拜访他。

Eg. Let me have a look at your newspaper.
让我看一看你的报纸。

Eg. Now that he'd come to the door, he thought he might as well go in with the others to have a look.
他想既然来到了门口,莫如跟着进去看看。

Eg. Please have a look and tell me your opinion.
请看一下并把你的意见告诉我。

3.look for:寻找

4.a present from sb:某人送的礼物

5.under the sofa:在沙发下面

6.a proper place:合适的地方