和谐英语

您现在的位置是:首页 > 英语口语 > 俚语俗语短语 > 英语俚语习语对话

正文

英语俚语习语小对话第82期: "指望依靠"英语怎么说? (mp3和文本下载)

2017-04-17来源:和谐英语

count on :指望依靠

英语情景对话:

A:I feel pity for the old man.
我可怜那位老人。

B:I feel the same way.
我也是。

A:It must be dreadful to grow old.
老了真是可怕。

B:Yeah. He has no one to count on.
是呀,他指望不上任何人。

英语学习笔记:

1.feel pity for:同情,怜悯

Eg. I feel pity for you, but I can't help you this time.
我同情你,但是这次是帮不了你了。

Eg. She was lazy so I do not feel pity for her now she's lost her job.
她这么懒惰,所以她失业了我也不会同情她。

Eg. I don't feel much pity for her.
我不太同情她。

2.feel the same way:有同感

Eg. They feel the same way about the matter.
他们对此有同感。

Eg. I feel the same way and hope it stays fine the year round.
我有同感,希望一年四季天气总是晴朗。

Eg. I feel the same way about Alan!
我同样感到Alan是为我而造的。

Eg. I feel the same way as my partner does.
我跟我的同事有着同样的感觉。

3.count on:依靠,指望

Eg. That was the only thing they could count on.
那是他们唯一依靠的东西。

Eg. Don' t count on a salary increase this year.
别指望今年会加薪。

Eg. After a broken promise, it is hard to count on a person.
一次失约,再要人相信你就难了。

Eg. Ben could always count on his sister to help him out of trouble.
本总是会依赖他的妹妹帮他解决困难。

Eg. You can count on him because he is a reliable man.
你可以信赖他,因为他是个可靠的人。