和谐英语

您现在的位置是:首页 > 英语听力 > Fox News Radio

正文

疫苗强制令正在打击美国工薪阶层

2021-10-12来源:和谐英语

Biden was sold to voters as a model of empathy and compassion.

拜登被选民视为同情心和同理心的典范。

Well, how's this for compassion?

嗯,这是同情心吗?

The vaccine mandates being imposed by caring Joe are hitting working class Americans.

由关爱乔实施的疫苗强制令正在打击美国工薪阶层。

But some of them are fighting back like my next guest.

但他们中的一些人正在反击,就像我的下一位嘉宾一样。

In New York City, Michael Kane, a public school teacher and head of Teachers for Choice, organized a massive march against the city's vaccine mandate yesterday.

在纽约市,公立学校教师、 Teachers for Choice的负责人迈克尔·凯恩昨天组织了一场大规模游行,反对该市的疫苗强制令。

He's currently applying for an exemption to the mandate and plans on filing suit in the coming days.

他目前正在申请这项强制令的豁免,并计划在未来几天提起诉讼。

And speaking of lawsuits, across the country in Seattle, firefighter William Cleary filed one against Democrat Governor Jay Inslee and his vaccine mandate.

说到诉讼,在西雅图,消防员威廉·克利里对民主党州长杰伊·英斯利和他的疫苗强制令提起了诉讼。

For William, the stakes could not be higher.

对威廉来说,赌注再高不过了。

Not only is his livelihood at stake, but his pregnant wife is also being forced to choose between her job as a nurse and any potential concern she has risks to her unborn child.

不仅他的生计危在旦夕,他怀孕的妻子也被迫在护士工作和对未出生的孩子有任何潜在风险之间做出选择。

Michael Kane and William Cleary join me now. William's attorney Nathan Arnold is here as well.

迈克尔·凯恩和威廉·克利里现在与我连线。威廉的律师内森·阿诺德也在。

William, I want to start with you.

威廉,我想从你开始。

Both you and your wife serve others. That's part of your job.

你和你的妻子都为别人服务。那是你们工作的一部分。

And how do you feel like you're being served now?

你觉得现在有人服务你们吗?

Frankly, we're not. You know, we just came through a pandemic of a year and a half plus.

坦率地说,没有。你知道,我们刚刚经历了一年半多的新冠病毒大流行。

And I think the overall feeling for all of us that are in a similar situation is really we just put everything on the line for everyone.

我认为,我们所有人在类似情况下的总体感觉是,我们真的为每个人赌上了一切。

And now this is being done to us.

现在这件事正发生在我们身上。

How is this fair and just?

这怎么可能是公平和公正的呢?

Michael, as a public school teacher, I know there are many who are afraid to speak out, you're not.

迈克尔,作为一名公立学校教师,我知道有很多人不敢直言不讳,但你不是。

You're seeking an exemption, as I said.

就像我说的,你在申请豁免。

But what is the reaction so far from your fellow teachers,

但是,到目前为止,你的同事们有什么反应,

especially those who are in the unions and tend not to have a lot of Venn diagram crossover with some traditional Americans

特别是那些在工会中的老师,他们倾向于与一些传统的美国人没有太多交集,

who are also at times against the vaccines, least the mandates?

这些传统的美国人有时也反对疫苗,至少是强制要求?

Well, we have thousands of supporters of educators, absolutely.

当然,我们有数以千计的教育行业的支持者。

So we're not a small group at all.

所以我们根本不是一个小团体。

But those that don't support us, you know, they're very vocal about that as well too.

但那些不支持我们的人,你知道,他们也非常直言不讳。

But we actually have some news that just broke.

但实际上我们有一些刚刚爆出的消息。

There is a temporary restraining order on the September 27 deadline to get the first COVID vaccine to be in the New York City Department of Education.

在9月27日的最后期限之前,纽约市教育局发布了一项临时限制令,要求接种第一剂新冠疫苗。

That came from a lawsuit filed by all unions.

这项临时限制令的发布是因为所有工会提起的诉讼。

And that gives some temporary relief now.

现在,人们暂时松了口气。

So it's really nice that that comes the day after our massive protests in NYC.

我们在纽约市举行大规模抗议活动的第二天就宣布了这一消息,真是太好了。