正文
艾伦秀第4期:霸道总裁
1、go on
继续做
Unemployment is likely to go on rising this year.
今年的失业人数可能会继续上升。
I'm all right here. Go on with your work.
我这里很好,你继续工作吧。
进行;发生
While this conversation was going on, I was listening with earnest attention.
这场对话进行的时候,我聚精会神地听着。
I don't know what's going on.
我不知道发生了什么事。
(做完某事后)进而,接着(做另一件事)
Alliss retired from golf in 1969 and went on to become a successful broadcaster.
阿利斯于1969年从高尔夫球界退役,继而成为一名成功的节目主持人。
She went on to say that she had discussed it with the Canadian foreign minister.
她接着又说她已同加拿大外长就此进行了磋商。
2、roll in
纷至沓来;涌现;滚滚而来
Don't forget, I have always kept the money rolling in.
不要忘记,我总是有大量钱财滚滚而来。
不慌不乱地来到;姗姗来迟
'I've made you late.' — 'No that's all right. I can roll in when I feel like it.'
“我让你迟到了。”——“不,没关系。我随便几点到都无所谓。”
The brothers usually roll into their studio around midday.
兄弟几个总是要到正午前后才姗姗来到工作室。
(坦克、军队等)进驻,开进
More than 100 tanks rolled into eastern Croatia.
100多辆坦克开进了克罗地亚东部。
A convoy of United Nations trucks rolled into Sarajevo today.
今天一支联合国卡车车队开进了萨拉热窝。
3、take back
退回;退还;归还
If I buy something and he doesn't like it I'll take it back.
要是我买的东西他不喜欢的话,我就会去退货。
I went to the library and took your books back.
我去了图书馆,帮你把书还了。
收回,撤回(所说的话或想法)
I take it back, I think perhaps I am an extrovert.
我收回说过的话,我想也许我是外向型的人。
Take back what you said about Jeremy!
收回你说的关于杰里米的话。
让…回家;准许…回来
Why did she take him back?
她怎么又让他回家了?
The government has agreed to take back those people who are considered economic rather than political refugees.
政府同意让那些被认为是经济难民的人回国,但政治难民不包括在内。
使回想起;使回忆起
I enjoyed experimenting with colours — it took me back to being five years old.
我喜欢尝试各种颜色——它使我感觉像是又回到了 5 岁的时候。
This takes me back.
这使我想起了过去。
- 上一篇
- 下一篇