to与for表示目标和方向时有何区别
to与for表示目标和方向时有何区别
to 与 for 均可表示目标、目的地、方向等,此时也要根据不同动词分别对待。
1. 在 come, go, walk, move, fly, ride, drive, march, return 等动词之后通常用介词 to 表示目标或目的地。如:
We’d better go to the playground. 我们最好到运动场去。
We do hope that you will come to the party. 我们真希望你能参加这个宴会。
I walked to the corner and made a right turn. 我走到拐角处向右拐。
They moved to New York to seek jobs. 他们搬到纽约找工作。
I’m flying to America, but my car is being shipped. 我坐飞机去美国,但我的汽车要用船运去。
I ride to school on my bike. 我骑自行车上学。
He returned to England to find himself famous. 他回到英国,发现自己竟出了名。
There are three principal routes by which one can drive to North Wales. 开车到北威尔士,有3条主要路线可走。
2. 在 leave, start, set out, set off, sail, head 等动词之后,通常用介词 for 表示方向。如:
What time do you start for work? 你几点钟去上班?
He started for Paris last week. 上周他动身去巴黎了。
He set out for home directly after the party. 晚会后他直接回家了。
No ships were to sail for France. 没有开往法国。
They equipped themselves with a pair of sharp axes and set off for the forest. 他们带上两把利斧朝森林走去。
She was very emotional; she cried even when her husband left for another city on business. 她很易动感情,她丈夫到另一个城市出差时她竟然放声大哭。
After the play we all headed for the bar. 看完戏后我们都去了酒吧。
The thirsty animals headed for the water. 干渴的动物向水走去。
注:在某些名词之后也通常用介词 for(有时也用 to) 表示方向或目的地。如:
Is this the train for [to]
Passengers for