美国文化口语秀(文本+MP3) 第438期:特朗普就职到底说了啥?
Jenny, Spencer第一时间带你了解特朗普就职典礼!最后再听一段特朗普就职究竟说了什么?
关键词:
就职
Inauguration: 就职 (名词)
To be inaugurated: 就职 (动词)
Inauguration speech:就职演说
Donald Trump officially became the 45th President of the United States: 特朗普正式成为美国第45任总统
美国总统别称 POTUS
POTUS: President of the United States缩写
美国总统官方Twitter账号就是POTUS
Capitol Hill
国会山
The inauguration took place in US Capitol Hill: 就职典礼在国会山举行
National Mall: 国家广场
Martin Luther King made his "I have a dream" speech there: 马丁路德金的“我有一个梦想”演说也是在国家广场
Crowds
观礼群众
People can go and watch the ceremony if they have a ticket: 老百姓可以凭票去观礼
Tickets are free: 免费门票
Limited capacity: 但人数有限
Dignitaries And VVIP's
观礼政要
Dignitaries: 政要
Political opponents: 政治对手
Former president: 前总统
Members of the new administration: 新一届政府成员
Swear-in ceremony
宣誓典礼
Taking the oath
宣誓
The oath 宣誓誓词
"I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States."
“我谨庄严宣誓,我必忠实执行合众国总统职务,竭尽全力,恪守、维护和捍卫合众国宪法。”
Trump inauguration speech highlights
特朗普就职演说片段文稿
The oath of office I take today is an oath of allegiance to all Americans.
今天我就职宣誓是表达我对美国人民的效忠。
For many decades we've enriched foreign industry at the expense of American industry, subsidized the armies of other countries while allowing for the very sad depletion of our military.
几十年来,我们让其它国家获利,美国工业则在受苦;让别国收益,自己的军队则在萎缩。
We've defended other nations' borders while refusing to defend our own. And we've spent trillions and trillions of dollars overseas while America's infrastructure has fallen into disrepair and decay.
我们去保护别的国家,却不保护自己国家的边界。我们花钱建设别的国家,自己的道路桥梁却年久失修。
We've made other countries rich while the wealth, strength and confidence of our country has dissipated over the horizon.
我们让世界上其它国家获利、富强,自己国家的实力却正在削弱。
One by one, the factories shuttered and left our shores with not even a thought about the millions and millions of American workers that were left behind.
我们的工厂一家家倒闭、百万千万人民失业。
We assembled here today are issuing a new decree to be heard in every city, in every foreign capital and in every hall of power. From this day forward, a new vision will govern our land.
我们今天聚集在这里,颁布一项新命令:从今天起,我们国家会被一个新愿景指导。
From this day forward, it's going to be only America first, America first. Every decision on trade, on taxes, on immigration, on foreign affairs will be made to benefit American workers and American families. We must protect our borders from the ravages of other countries making our product, stealing our companies and destroying our jobs.
从今天起,“美国第一、美国至上”。每个决定,不论是贸易、税收、移民、外教,都将把美国人民的利益放在第一位。我们要保护我们的边界,不让那些抢走我们工作、产品、企业的国家获利。
Protection will lead to great prosperity and strength. I will fight for you with every breath in my body, and I will never ever let you down.
保护会带来更多繁荣和力量。我会用我的每一分力量为你们战斗。我不会让你们失望。
America will start winning again, winning like never before.
美国会再次胜利,获得前所未有的胜利。
We will bring back our jobs.
我们要把工作带回美国。
We will bring back our borders.
我们要把边界收回。
We will bring back our wealth, and we will bring back our dreams.
我们要把财富、梦想都带回美国!