和谐英语

您现在的位置是:首页 > 英语口语 > 基础口语 > 跟艾米丽练口语

正文

跟艾米丽一起学口语(MP3+文本) 第516期:发音讲解:play a double game

2019-11-29来源:和谐英语

A: I can see through you. I know how good you are at playing a double game.
我看透你了,我知道你善于耍两面派手段。
B: What do you mean? Do you mean I am a two-faced person?
这是什么意思?你是说我是两面派人吗?
A: You may think you are smart, but most of us know you are running with the hare and hunting with the hounds.
你也许认为你很聪明,但是我们绝大部分人都知道你在两面讨好。



发音讲解
am a /æmə/
most of /məʊsdəv/


对话解析
see through 识破;看透
We see through your tricks.
我们看透了你的把戏。
I see through your little ruse from the start.
我从一开始就看透了你的诡计。

play a double game
耍两面派;口蜜腹剑
I didn't know my assistant would play a double game.
我没料到我的助理是个两面派。

run with the hare and hunt with the hounds.
即与野兔同跑,又与猎犬共追(两面讨好)
I'm not going to run with the hare and hunt with the hounds.
我不打算两面讨好。