和谐英语

您现在的位置是:首页 > 英语口语 > 基础口语 > 跟艾米丽练口语

正文

跟艾米丽一起学口语(MP3+文本) 第519期:发音讲解:take over

2019-11-30来源:和谐英语

A: Can you take over for me here? I have a friend coming to see me.
你可以帮我照顾一下这儿吗?我有几个朋友要来。
B: I’d like to, but I have my hands full. Ask peter, he is not busy.
我很原意帮你,但是我手头的实情太多了。你去问问Peter吧,他不忙。
A: That’s all right. I will ask somebody else. Thanks all the same.
没关系,我去问别人吧。谢谢你。
B: Why not ask Peter?
为什么不问Peter呢?
A: Something bad had happened between us.
我们之间发生些不愉快的事情。
B: You two had an argument.
你们发生争论了。
A: Kind of.
可以这么说。


发音讲解
have a /hævə/
but I /bʌdaɪ/
between us /bɪˈtwi:nəz/
kind of /kaɪndəv/

对话解析
kind of 有一点;有几分
I feel kind of embarrassed but I'd really like to meet you.
我觉得有点儿不好意思,但是我真的想认识你。

take over 接管;接受
Have a rest,I'll take over.
你歇会儿,我来接替你。
Peter was sent to the hospital,I had to take over his work.
彼得生病住院了,我得来接替他的工作。


all the same 仍然
He's a bit naughty,but I like him all the same.
他有点儿顽皮,但是我还是喜欢他。


have an argument
争论;争吵
Whenever they have an argument,Mary has the worst of it.
每次他们争吵,玛丽总是惨败。
We had an argument with the waiter about the bill.
我们和服务员就账单有了争吵。