跟艾米丽一起学口语(MP3+文本) 第613期:实用对话--邀请别人去家里做客
Hi, I hope you don't mind me dropping in.
嗨,我希望你不要介意我突如其来的拜访。
unannounced
意想不到的;未事先通知的
Tim and his girlfriend showed up unannounced at around 10PM.
蒂姆和他的女友出乎意料地在晚上十点左右出现。
Mind your own business.
少管别人闲事。
Business before pleasure.
工作先于玩乐。
A: Hi Sam, hope you don't mind me dropping in unannounced.
嗨,萨姆,希望你千万别介意我突如其来的造访。
B: Not at all, come on in.
一点都不会,快进来。
A: I was just passing by and thought I'd take the opportunity to invite you over on Friday evening. I'm having another barbecue followed by a few drinks by the pool.
我刚好经过你家,想抓住机会邀请你周五晚上来我家做客。我打算再来一次烧烤,另外还可以在游泳池旁边享用一些饮料。
B: How can I resist an offer like that? Would you like to stay for coffee?
我怎么能推辞这样的提议呢!你想留下来喝杯咖啡吗?
A: I'd better run, but thanks all the same. Oh, before I go, there's just one thing. Could you not bring your dog this time?
我最好还是走了,但还是要谢谢你哦。在我离开之前正好有一件事情要说,你这次可以不要把你的狗带来吗?
B: But Charlie and I go everywhere together.
可是查理跟我形影不离。
A: I know, but remember last time? He knocked over the barbecue while chasing my cat, and then did his business in the pool.
我了解,但是记得上一次吗?他追我家的猫,同时还打翻了烤肉,接着在游泳池里大小便。
B: OK, if you insist.
你这么坚持的话,我同意。
相关文章
- 跟艾米丽一起学口语(MP3+文本) 第804期:去蹦极
- 跟艾米丽一起学口语(MP3+文本) 第803期:庆祝春节
- 跟艾米丽一起学口语(MP3+文本) 第802期:"in case of"和"in case"有什么区别?
- 跟艾米丽一起学口语(MP3+文本) 第801期:“minute”还有这层意思
- 跟艾米丽一起学口语(MP3+文本) 第800期:如何委婉提出离婚
- 跟艾米丽一起学口语(MP3+文本) 第799期:做瑜伽
- 跟艾米丽一起学口语(MP3+文本) 第798期:谈论薪水
- 跟艾米丽一起学口语(MP3+文本) 第797期:周末安排
- 跟艾米丽一起学口语(MP3+文本) 第796期:商务预约
- 跟艾米丽一起学口语(MP3+文本) 第795期:欢迎新同事