跟艾米丽一起学口语(MP3+文本) 第626期:去印度饭店吃饭!
samosa
萨摩撒三角饺
poppadom
印度炸圆面包片
dahl
(一种印度菜肴,用豆,豌豆或小扁豆煮成)
A: We were really lucky. We got the last available table for two and we didn't even have a reservation. Did you see the long lines behind us?
我们真的很幸运。我们订了最后一张两人桌,甚至都没有预订。你看到我们身后的长队了吗?
B: Yeah, glad that we didn't have to wait long, I'm starving.
是的,很高兴我们不用等太久,我饿死了。
A: Let's take a look at the menu, so we can order. Do you want to choose an appetizer for us to share?
让我们看一下菜单,这样我们就可以点菜了。你想选一个开胃菜我们一起吃吗?
B: What would you rather have? Samosas or poppadoms?
你想要什么?萨莫萨三角饺还是(印度)油炸薄饼?
A: I heard that one of their specialties is the samosa.
我听说他们的特产之一是萨莫萨三角胶。
B: Well, let's get a plate of those then.
那我们来一盘。
A: Sounds good. What are you going to have for your main course?
听起来不错。你的主菜是什么?
B: I think I might have a dahl.
我想我可能会来一份达尔。
A: What's in a dahl?
达尔有什么?
B: It's got chickpeas and vegetables in a spicy curry sauce with rice.
有鹰嘴豆和蔬菜,加上咖喱辣酱和米饭。
A: That sounds nice. Do you want to share some kebabs as well.
听起来不错。你想和我一起吃烤肉串吗?
B: Okay, how about some lamb kebabs?
好吧,来点羊肉串怎么样?
A: That's my favorite. Do you want to have some wine or beer?
那是我最喜欢的。你想喝点酒还是啤酒?
B: I think I'll have a beer.
我想喝杯啤酒。
A: Okay, Shall I call the waitress?
好的,我叫服务员好吗?
B: I wouldn't recommend it. I think we should wait until she comes round.
我不推荐。我想我们应该等她过来。
A: You're right. That might seem a bit rude.
你说得对。那可能有点粗鲁。
相关文章
- 跟艾米丽一起学口语(MP3+文本) 第804期:去蹦极
- 跟艾米丽一起学口语(MP3+文本) 第803期:庆祝春节
- 跟艾米丽一起学口语(MP3+文本) 第802期:"in case of"和"in case"有什么区别?
- 跟艾米丽一起学口语(MP3+文本) 第801期:“minute”还有这层意思
- 跟艾米丽一起学口语(MP3+文本) 第800期:如何委婉提出离婚
- 跟艾米丽一起学口语(MP3+文本) 第799期:做瑜伽
- 跟艾米丽一起学口语(MP3+文本) 第798期:谈论薪水
- 跟艾米丽一起学口语(MP3+文本) 第797期:周末安排
- 跟艾米丽一起学口语(MP3+文本) 第796期:商务预约
- 跟艾米丽一起学口语(MP3+文本) 第795期:欢迎新同事