跟艾米丽一起学口语(MP3+文本) 第649期:如何说明“不能赴约”?
I can't be there today/at noon.
我今天/中午没法过去。
I can't make it this weekend.
我这周去不了。
I can't make the date/meeting/appointment.
我没法赴约/参加会议/赴约。
Why didn't you come/show up?
你为什么没来?
Why did you stand me up?
你为什么放我鸽子?
Why did you blow off our date/ the meeting/the appointment?
你为什么没赴约?/参加会议?/赴约?
You owe me.
你欠我的。
You had better make it up to me.
你最好补偿我。
Dialogue1:
A: Why didn't you show up yesterday?
昨天你为什么没来?
B: Something came up and I couldn't get away. I'm really sorry.
有事情我走不开。我很抱歉。
A: Did your phone break too? Why didn't you call?
你的电话也坏了吗?为什么不给我打电话?
Dialogue2:
A: This is the second time this week you stood me up, what's going on?
这是你这周第二次放我鸽子了,发生了什么?
B: Sorry, I'm really sorry, but I've got so much work these days.
抱歉,真的很抱歉,这几天我的工作很多。
Conversation:
A: Sorry, honey, but I'm not going to be able to make it. Something's come up.
对不起亲爱的,我没法去了,有事情。
B: What? It's our anniversary. I've been looking forward to this for a long time.
什么?这是我们的周年纪念,我盼望这一天已经很久了 。
A: I know, I know. I promise I'll make it up to you. But something came up here at the office and I'm not going to be able to leave for a while.
我知道,我知道,我发誓一定会补偿你的。但是公司有事,我这会儿没法离开。
B: Why does this always happen when we have plan? Are you sure you even wanted to go out tonight?
为什么每次我们有安排的时候都会发生事情?你确定你今天晚上想出来吗?
A: Yes, I swear. I was looking forward to it, too. I promise I'll make it up to you this weekend. But I really have to go now. This meeting can't wait.
当然,我发誓,我也非常期待这一天。我发誓这周末给你补上,但我现在得挂了,会议不等人。
B: Alright, but don't forget you owe me.
好吧,不过别忘了你欠我的。
相关文章
- 跟艾米丽一起学口语(MP3+文本) 第804期:去蹦极
- 跟艾米丽一起学口语(MP3+文本) 第803期:庆祝春节
- 跟艾米丽一起学口语(MP3+文本) 第802期:"in case of"和"in case"有什么区别?
- 跟艾米丽一起学口语(MP3+文本) 第801期:“minute”还有这层意思
- 跟艾米丽一起学口语(MP3+文本) 第800期:如何委婉提出离婚
- 跟艾米丽一起学口语(MP3+文本) 第799期:做瑜伽
- 跟艾米丽一起学口语(MP3+文本) 第798期:谈论薪水
- 跟艾米丽一起学口语(MP3+文本) 第797期:周末安排
- 跟艾米丽一起学口语(MP3+文本) 第796期:商务预约
- 跟艾米丽一起学口语(MP3+文本) 第795期:欢迎新同事