跟艾米丽一起学口语(MP3+文本) 第774期:请假的多种表达
实用句子
He took Monday off.
他星期一休息。
He is on annual leave.
他休年假去了。
I'm taking a few days off next week, the kids are off school.
下周我要请几天假,孩子们放假了。
Why don't you take a day of sick leave?
你为什么不请一天病假呢?
I'm asking for a three-day personal leave, because my wife is giving birth.
因为我太太要生了,我要请三天假。
You may have one month of paid-holiday every year.
你每年有一个月的带薪假期。
划重点
take+星期/天数 off
请...假
比如:"take Tuesday off"就是“星期二请假”,那"take three days off"就是“请三天假”
be on annual leave
处在修年假的过程中
I'm on my annual leave, call me if you need me.
我在修年假中,有事情给我打电话。
paid holiday
带薪休假
I will give you one-month of paid holiday and you can have enough time to think about it. You need relax.
我给你一个月的带薪假期,你可以有足够的事件来思考。
经典对话
A: Have you finished going through the contract?
你看完合同了吗?
go through表示“浏览”
B: Yes, but I have a few questions for you.
看完了,不过我有几个问题要问你。
A: Okay, ask anyway.
好,你问。
B: First, I'd like to know if you offer employees sick leave?
首先,我想知道你们这里有没有为员工提供病假?
A: Employees can take up to 10 days of sick leave per year. However, in order to get paid, you will have to bring in a note from the doctors.
有,员工每年有十天病假。不过如果不想扣工资的话,最好找医生开假条。
B: Even if I'm only sick for one day?
即使我只生病一天也要开吗?
A: That's correct.
没错。
B: That's pretty strict, if you ask me.
如果你问我意见的话,我觉得这条规定太严苛了。
A: Well, we've had to add that to the contract because we found that many of our employees were taking almost one day a month, even though they weren't sick.
嗯,我们必须要把这条写进合同。因为以前我们这儿有很多员工即使没有生病,也几乎每月都要修一次病假。
B: I see. I guess that makes sense.
我懂了,你们这样做确实有道理。
make sense表示“有道理;讲得通”
A: Do you have any other questions?
你还有其他问题吗?
B:Yes. Maternity leave is mentioned in the contract, but there's nothing in the contract about paternity leave. Do you offer anything to fathers?
有,合同里涉及了产假,可是没有提到父亲假,公司有没有为新父亲们提供假期?
be mentioned in...表示“有在...被涉及/提到”
A: We do actually. We can add that as an amendment to your contract.
有的。我们可以把这一条作为补充条款写进你的合同。
amendment表示“修正案;修改”
B: How many days of paternity leave do you offer?
你们提供多少天的父亲假期?
A: Men are allowed to take ten days of paternity leave for their first child.
男性员工有十天假期。
be allowed to...表示“被允许...”比如“你被允许吃完饭抽根烟”翻译为“You are allowed to smoke after the meal”。那“不被允许做”就是“be not allowed to”
B: Why are women allowed so much more time for maternity leave?
为什么女性的产假比这要多的多呢?
A: Well, women are the ones giving birth. I think it's fair to give them more time, don't you?
女性要经历生产过程,我觉得给她们更多时间休息很合理,你不觉得吗?
B: I guess so. I don't have any other questions. Should I sign here then?
合理,我没有其他问题了,是在这儿签字吗?
A: Yes, please.
是的,请签吧。
相关文章
- 跟艾米丽一起学口语(MP3+文本) 第804期:去蹦极
- 跟艾米丽一起学口语(MP3+文本) 第803期:庆祝春节
- 跟艾米丽一起学口语(MP3+文本) 第802期:"in case of"和"in case"有什么区别?
- 跟艾米丽一起学口语(MP3+文本) 第801期:“minute”还有这层意思
- 跟艾米丽一起学口语(MP3+文本) 第800期:如何委婉提出离婚
- 跟艾米丽一起学口语(MP3+文本) 第799期:做瑜伽
- 跟艾米丽一起学口语(MP3+文本) 第798期:谈论薪水
- 跟艾米丽一起学口语(MP3+文本) 第797期:周末安排
- 跟艾米丽一起学口语(MP3+文本) 第796期:商务预约
- 跟艾米丽一起学口语(MP3+文本) 第795期:欢迎新同事