和谐英语

您现在的位置是:首页 > 英语口语 > 基础口语 > 跟艾米丽练口语

正文

跟艾米丽一起学口语(MP3+文本) 第787期:要求“加薪”

2021-02-10来源:和谐英语

实用句子


I want a raise.

我要加薪。


Could we possibly discuss my salary sometime?

我们能找个时间讨论一下我的薪水问题吗?


It's enough to live on.

养家糊口够了。


The best thing about my job is that I get lots of benefits——a company pension, private health insurance and things like that.

这份工作最棒的地方就是福利好,有公司养老金,个人健康保险和类似这样的其他福利。


You may have one-month of paid holiday every year.

你每年有一个月的带薪休假。


I want a promotion.

我想升职。


经典对话


A: Could we possibly discuss my salary sometime?

我们可不可以找一些时间谈谈我的工资问题?


B: Sure.

当然可以。


A: First of all, I want you to know that I really like working for this company. Do you think I'm doing a good job here?

首先,我想跟您说,我非常喜欢在咱们公司工作。你觉得我干得还不错吧?


B: Well. You're a very hard-worker.

嗯,你工作非常勤恳。


A:I try very hard. The problem is my salary just isn't enough to live on. Now that I have a wife and a child to support, we hardly have enough money for food and rent.

我非常卖力了。问题是,我的工资不够养家糊口。因为我家里还有老婆和孩子,我们的钱都不足以支付房租和饮食的开销。


B: There are trying times for everyone. What do you propose?

每个人都有一段困难的时期,你有什么建议?


A: I could really use a 5% raise.

我想涨百分之五的工资。


B: That's quite a bit. If I give you a raise, I'm going to have to give everyone a raise.

太多了。如果你涨了,大家都得涨。


A: Listen, if you give me a raise, I'll take on extra responsibilities.

你听我说,如果你给我涨工资,我可以承担更多的责任。


B: That sounds reasonable. How about this? From now on, you can be responsible for scheduling. That means if you can't find someone to cover a shift, then you'll have to do it.

这听起来很合理。要不这样吧,从现在开始倒班安排由你负责。那就是说如果有人不能值班,你就得自己来值班。


A: That's fine. Do I get over-time for any extra hours that I work?

行,如果我超时工作的话会按加班算吗?


B: Of course. It'll be against the law If we didn't.

当然算,不然我们就违法了。


A: That sounds good to me. I really appreciate it.

这似乎对我挺合适的,太感谢你了。


B: You're welcome. come in early tomorrow and I'll show you how to do the scheduling.

不客气,明天早点来,我告诉你怎么排班。