李阳疯狂英语脱口而出MP3实战篇之疯狂准备篇 第二节:一百个超级短句
50. Like what?(比方说?)
【Kim’s Note】This has become so common in American English you can hear it every day!
【疯狂实战】
A: I think we’re going to have some problems with this project.
(我觉得在这个项目上我们会遇到一些问题。)
B: Like what?
(比方说?)
A: I’m tired of eating the same thing every day. I want something different.
(我厌倦了每天都吃一样的东西,我想吃点不同的。)
B: Like what?
(比如说?)
51. May I go now?(我可以走了吗?)
52. Mind your own business.(不要多管闲事。)
【Kim’s Note】This sentence is not polite, but it is effective when someone asks too many questions or gets involved in your affairs.
53. Neither can I.(我也不能。)
【疯狂实战】
A: I can’t stand the way she gossips.
(我无法忍受她那样说闲话。)
B: Neither can I.
(我也不能。)
54. Never again!(永远不再!)
55. Never mind.(算了;没关系。)
【疯狂注释】
表示没什么重要的,就让它过去算了。你要告诉别人什么事,或要别人帮你做什么事,但他没听清楚,你也觉得不做也没关系,就说Never mind.
【疯狂实战】
A: What were you going to tell me earlier?
(你先前要跟我说什么?)
B: Never mind, it wasn’t important.
(算了,并不重要。)
56. No problem!(没问题!)
57. Not in my lifetime!(不可能!)
【Kim’s Note】This is an excellent way to refuse someone in a very clear way! It’s the same as saying “never! ”. It is also useful to express doubt or disbelief.
【疯狂实战】
A: Do you think a woman will ever be President of the United States?
(你认为女性有可能会成为美国总统吗?)
B: Not in my lifetime.
(不可能。)
58. Now I understand.(现在我明白了。)
59. Only yourself to blame.(只能怪你自己。)
60. Parking is impossible!(请勿停车!)
【Kim’s Note】Americans are obsessed with parking. There are far more cars in America than there are places to put them. The situation is rapidly becoming the same in China!
61. Please forgive me.(请原谅我。)
62. See you soon.(呆会儿见。)
63. So far, so good.(目前为止,一切顺利。)
64. So what?(那又怎么样?)
65. Stay out of it.(你别管。)
【Kim’s Note】This is another sentence that isn’t polite, but it is still very effective. This sentence is often used when parents interfere with their grown children’s lives.
66. Take it easy.(别着急。)
67. That depends.(那要看情况。)
68. That doesn’t make sense.(那是胡说。)
69. That doesn’t matter at all.(真的没关系。)
70. That makes my mouth water.(真是让我垂涎欲滴。)
【Kim’s Note】 If you are tired of always using the word “delicious” to describe food, you can use this sentence instead. People will be shocked at your English knowledge. If you are among good friends you can also use this sentence to describe a good-looking boy or girl.
71. That looks easy.(看上去很容易。)
72. That should be easy.(那应该很容易。)
73. That surprises me.(真让我吃了一惊!)
74. That’s against the law.(那是违法的。)
75. That’s it!(就是这样!)
【疯狂注释】
通常用于表示对方动作正确,以示鼓励之意。在教授驾驶汽车方法、打高尔夫球的姿势、跳舞、游泳、英语的发音等等情况下都可以使用。
* Driving Teacher: Now stay on the road. Don’t go too far to the left. That’s it. That’s it. Good.
(汽车教练:方向盘握直,不要太偏左。就是这样,就是这样。好极了。)
76. That’s life.(生活就是这样。)
77. That’s not fair.(那不公平。)
【Kim’s Note】These sentences are always used together when parents argue with children, especially teenage children!
【疯狂实战】
A: You told me I could spend the weekend at my friend’s house and now you’re telling me I can’t go? That’s not fair!
(你说过我可以在朋友家度周末的,现在你又说我不能去了。那不公平!)
B: Too bad, that’s life.
(太糟了,生活就是这样。)
78. There’s no hurry.(不用着急。)
79. There’s not much hope.(没有多大希望。)
80. There’s something wrong here.(这儿有点不对劲。)
81. Things are looking good.(事情看起来很顺利。)
82. Well done!(干得好!)
83. What a bore!(真是个惹人讨厌的家伙!)
84. What a nice surprise!(真是令人喜出望外!)
85. What a shame!(真是可惜!)
【疯狂注释】
用在听到或看到不好的消息,安慰对方的话。
【疯狂实战】
A: Mary wrecked her brand new car.
(玛丽撞坏了她那辆崭新的车子。)
B: Oh, what a shame!
(噢,太可惜了!)
86. What happened?(发生了什么事?)
87. What’s the problem?(怎么回事?)
88. What’s up?(怎么了?)
89. Who knows!(谁知道啊!)
【疯狂注释】
当有人提出问题,你不知道问题的答案,而且有一种你也想知道该问题的答案,但似乎没有人会知道的无可奈何感时,就可以回答Who knows!
【疯狂实战】
A: Do you know what we’re having for dinner?
(你知道我们晚餐要吃什么吗?)
B: Who knows – it could be anything.
(谁知道 —— 什么都有可能。)
90. Why not ask them?(为什么不问他们?)
91. You bet!(当然!)
【疯狂实战】
A: Can you give me a ride home?
(你可以载我回家吗?)
B: You bet.
(好的。)
92. You can say that again.(一点也没错。)
93. You can’t be serious!(你开玩笑吧!/ 你不会是当真吧!)
94. You know what I mean?(你懂我的意思吗?)
95. You said it.(我也这么觉得。)
【疯狂注释】
用于较亲密的朋友间,表示同意他的看法。
【疯狂实战】
A: That was a great movie. It really got to me.
(这部电影真棒,好叫我感动。)
B: You said it.
(我也这么觉得。)
96. You should apologize.(你应该道歉。)
97. You should make up your mind.(你应该下决心。)
【Kim’s Note】Everyone knows a person who can never decide anything! Use this sentence to encourage him.
98. You should save your money.(你应该节约钱。)
99. You shouldn’t get your hopes up.(你不应该抱太大希望。)
100. You’re telling me!(说得一点没错。)
【疯狂注释】
此句用于亲密朋友间,表示同意他的看法。
【疯狂实战】
A: That was a tough test.
(好难的考试啊!)
B: You’re telling me.
(就是啊!)
相关文章
- 李阳疯狂英语脱口而出MP3实战篇之疯狂准备篇 第五节:语法大战--在短文中操练语法
- 李阳疯狂英语脱口而出MP3实战篇之疯狂准备篇 第六节:三最短文
- 李阳疯狂英语脱口而出MP3实战篇之疯狂买弄篇 第一节:生的自我介绍
- 李阳疯狂英语脱口而出MP3实战篇之疯狂准备篇 第八节:成语的挑战
- 李阳疯狂英语脱口而出MP3实战篇之疯狂买弄篇 第二节:魅力来自于幽默
- 李阳疯狂英语脱口而出MP3实战篇之疯狂买弄篇 第四节:形容词大战
- 李阳疯狂英语脱口而出MP3实战篇之疯狂买弄篇 第三节:神奇的中文成语
- 李阳疯狂英语脱口而出MP3实战篇之疯狂实战篇 第二节:广告配音员的梦想
- 李阳疯狂英语脱口而出MP3实战篇之疯狂实战篇 第一节:播音员挑战
- 李阳疯狂英语脱口而出MP3实战篇之疯狂实战篇 第三节:成功的翻译必备