和谐英语

您现在的位置是:首页 > 英语听力 > NPR News

正文

乌克兰最大核电站着火

2022-03-24来源:和谐英语

Heavy shelling caused a fire to break out near one of the plant's six reactors, but Ukrainian authorities say the fire has been extinguished.

重型炮击导致该核电站六个反应堆中的一个发生火灾,但是乌克兰当局表示,火灾已经被扑灭。

The International Atomic Energy Agency says radiation levels are normal at the plant.

国际原子能机构表示,核电站的辐射水平正常。

The Zaporizhzhia Nuclear Plant provides more than a fifth of total electricity generated in Ukraine, and initial reports raised fears of a nuclear disaster like the one of Chernobyl in 1986.

扎波罗热核电站为乌克兰提供了超过五分之一的电力,最初的报道引发了人们对1986年切尔诺贝利那样的核灾难的担忧。

A statement from Ukraine's safety agency says that it appears the reactor closest to the fighting sustained some damage.

乌克兰安全机构发表的一份声明说,看起来离战斗地点最近的反应堆受到了一些破坏。

I mean, how serious are we talking about here?

我是说,这事有多严重?

Well, these reactors are huge machines, and the nuclear material sits inside a thick metal pressure vessel known as its containment.

这些反应堆是巨大的机器,核材料被置于一个厚厚的金属压力容器中,称为安全壳。

So these things are really tough, and the buildings they're in are probably hardened both inside and out.

所以这些东西非常坚硬,它们所在的建筑内外可能都加固了。

It's entirely possible that it was damaged superficially and that the reactor is safe.

完全有可能是表面损坏,反应堆是安全的。

But, I mean, I don't think we've ever been here before, either from a nuclear power perspective or a combat perspective.

但是,我的意思是,我认为我们以前从未有过这样的经历,无论是从核动力的角度还是从战斗的角度来说。

I've never seen anything like this.

我从来没见过这样的事情。

This plant is essential to Ukraine. About half of Ukraine's energy comes from nuclear power.

这个核电厂对乌克兰至关重要。 乌克兰大约一半的能源来自核能。

And this is, you know, six reactors providing 6,000 megawatts of power.

这是,你知道,六个反应堆提供6000兆瓦的电力。

So we've seen Russians take control of other essential infrastructure in recent days, including hydroelectric dams.

因此,我们看到俄罗斯人在最近几天控制了其他重要的基础设施,包括水电大坝。

It makes sense they would try and seize this facility.

他们想要占领这里也说得通。

So as noted, Geoff, Ukraine is already home to the worst nuclear disaster the world's ever seen - right? - Chernobyl.

如前所提到的,杰夫,乌克兰是世界上最严重的核灾难的发源地,对吧? ——切尔诺贝利。

If this plant is compromised more significantly in future fighting.

如果这个核电站在未来的战斗中受到更严重的损害。

I mean, what are the odds that we could see a disaster like that again?

我的意思是,我们再次看到类似灾难的几率有多大?

Well, I mean, first of all, it's not over there yet.

嗯,我的意思是,首先,那里还没有发生灾难。

These reactors need to be cooled even after they've been shut off, so that plant needs power and water to continue to flow for days or even weeks to keep the reactors safe.

这些反应堆即使在关闭后也需要冷却,因此核电站需要电力和水继续流动数天甚至数周,以保证反应堆的安全。

But this is a different design than the Chernobyl reactor - very different, actually.

但这是一个不同于切尔诺贝利反应堆的设计——实际上非常不同。

It's quite a bit safer. I don't think that we're going to see a major meltdown of that particular type.

这个核反应堆比较安全。 我认为我们不会看到那种类型的核反应堆堆芯熔毁。

We certainly won't see a nuclear explosion.

我们肯定不会看到核爆炸。

Nuclear reactors are very different than nuclear bombs, so you don't need to worry about that.

核反应堆和核弹非常不同,所以你不需要担心这个。

But this remains serious, and there are other plants in Ukraine, including one near Odesa.

但这仍然很严重,乌克兰还有其他核电站,包括敖德萨附近的一所。

So this is not over from a nuclear power perspective.

所以从核能的角度来看,这还没有结束。