和谐英语

经济学人下载:美国间谍在德国

2014-07-18来源:Economist

1.work for 效劳;为…工作

Tom works for this firm
汤姆在这家公司工作。

The leaders of all nations should work for peace.
各国领导人都应该为和平做努力。

2.in return for 作为…的报答

I sent him a present in return for his help.
我送给他一份礼物以回报他的帮助。

In return for my wise counsel, he gave me the only fee I ever received for legal advice in the Elm Street Diner, a raffle ticket.
为了对我“精明的”建议表示回报,他给了我一张兑奖券,这是我在埃尔姆街餐馆里得到的唯一一笔律师咨询费。

3.belong to 属于

They belong to the Knights of Columbus.
他们是哥伦布骑士会的成员。

He belongs to Chicago.
他是芝加哥的居民。

4.in exchange for 作为…的交换

You and the piece of grass are all they have given me in exchange for the whole world, which I enjoyed outside.
你和这小块草皮是他们所给我的,用来交换我在外面享受着的整个世界的。

In exchange for your effort, you are rewarded with composting service, provided by reliable workers (the worms!).
以你的努力为交换,你将获得由可靠的工人(蠕虫)提供的堆制肥料服务。